Apple Cranberry Bourbon Crisp
This recipe for Apple Cranberry Bourbon Crisp has been a long time in the making, about 40 years. As a teenager I took an interest in cooking. My Mom always put food on the table but only out of necessity. I guess I wanted something more, something that took time to make and with an actual recipe.
I liked looking at recipes in magazines and at fourteen years old I so wanted my own cookbook and got one for Christmas. One of the first recipes I ever made was for Apple Crisp. At the time, it was a big undertaking for me. Peeling and chopping the apples and making the crumbly topping sure took more time than I thought. I was so worried that it would not turn out right or my family wouldn't like it.
I'm sure my love of cooking came with this first dish because it was delicious and my family loved it. The time invested was well worth it. I've made Apple Crisp many, many times over the years, changing the recipe to my liking and decided that it needed a little updating. Adding some cranberries, bourbon and a few tweaks to really make it my own makes my beloved recipe oh so good!
- 4 cups chopped and peeled apples
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 tbls. bourbon
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 tbls. all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 cups quick oats
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- In a large bowl, combine apples, cranberries and bourbon.
- Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Toss with apples.
- Place apple/cranberry mixture in a buttered 12 x 9 inch baking dish.
- In same large bowl, combine all topping ingredients until crumbly.
- Spread over apple/cranberry mixture.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
A fabulous collection of easy Cobbler and Crisp desserts.
Quality baking dish for casseroles and desserts.
Fun cakes with fun ingredients!
Share A Comment