Avocado Chickpea Tomato Salad
Wanting to use this huge avocado that I bought today I decided to use it in a salad. Because of the ingredients I've named this Avocado Chickpea Tomato Salad.
Like many salads that I make I will check and see what I have on hand, what will go together well, and then start building the salad. This is the thing I like about salads is you can add a bit of this and a bit of that, get creative, and most times if you like everything that you've put into the salad, it will taste great.
This vegetarian salad can be served as a side salad or as a meal all on its own.
- Prep time: 15 min
- Ready in: 15 min
- Yields: 4
- 1 very large avocado or 2-3 small to medium ones
- 1 TBS of lemon juice
- Garlic powder (amount depending on your taste)
- 1 can of drained and rinsed chickpeas (AKA Garbanzo Beans)
- 1/4 cup of chopped sweet onion
- 1 TBS. dried cilantro or fresh if you have it
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- Sea salt to taste
- lemon pepper to taste
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Remove the peel and slice and cut the slices into small pieces.
- Place the avocado into a medium size bowl.
- Add garlic powder.
- Add lemon juice and gently toss making sure to coat all of the avocado. This will keep it from turning brown.
- Next add the chickpeas, onion, and the cilantro.
- Now it is time to add the tomatoes, sea salt, and lemon pepper.
- Toss gently and serve. ENJOY!