Delicious, easy, elegant ... and healthy!
It is easy to make, is delicious and has all the advantages that this vegetable can offer but more surprising is that many people still are scared by the fact that the avocado can be very sensitive when exposed to oxidation, however when prepared with sufficient timing, is a dish that can look great in an elegant dinner, and do not consume extra resources.
- 50 oz chicken broth
- 1 Serrano pepper or 1 jalapeno (no so hot)
- 3 avocados
- pitted and diced
- grated Chihuahua cheese (or Monterey Jack as substitute)
- 8 oz sour cream
- 4 corn tortillas
- Cut tortillas into squares, in a pan with oil, brown the squares, taking care not to burn.
- Blend a cup of chicken soup, chili and avocados.
- Pour the rest of the broth in a pot, as it boils, add the avocado smoothie and reduce heat to a minimum.
- Check the salt and cook for a few minutes without letting it boil to prevent the avocado take a bitter taste.
- Serve immediately garnishing each bowl with a dollop of cream, tortilla chips and grated cheese (or caviar - optional).
More avocado recipes