Bacon and Leek Quiche
Don't we all love a recipe that spans breakfast, lunch AND dinner? I, for one love having breakfast food for dinner, but I know there are some folks that do not (like my husband). This is where a delicious recipe for Bacon and Onion Quiche comes into play. A fabulous quiche recipe covers all meals and fits in just fine. Try breakfast with fruit or a side of hash browns, lunch with a salad and dinner with a vegetable medley. This quiche is one to be enjoyed anytime.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1/2 lb. bacon cooked until crisp
- 3 leeks, bulb only, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream or half and half
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Fit pie crust into a 9 inch quiche pan or pie plate.
- Place bacon, leeks, cheese and parsley in bottom.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour into pie plate.
- Bake 40 minutes or until set.