Baked Olive and Cheese Balls
Cheesy Olives Baked for Appetisers
Bake up a batch of Cheese and Olive Balls to keep your guests nibbling the appetisers. Make them the day before so, shortly before company calls, all you have to do is whip the balls out of the fridge and pop them on a tray in the oven.
You can make a large amount fairly cheaply, the preparation takes minutes, and they're a tasty little treat of crisply coated olives that are most definitely cheesy!
Serve on a beautiful platter to your guests or on a sturdy wooden tray for a teenage party.
Online Cooking Unit Conversion
- 1 cup plain flour - all-purpose
- 2 cups greated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 40 large green olives
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet chilli or any hot pepper sauce
- In a medium-size bowl, cream butter. Mix in flour, cheese, paprika, cumin, and hot sauce. Cover bowl and refrigerate at least an hour - you can make this the day before.
- Dry olives on paper towels. With a ball of cheese mixture that is close in size to the olive, flatten the cheese mixture in your palm, plop the olive in the centre, work the mixture up around the olive, and then very gently roll it around between your palms.
- Make sure the cheese mixture completely seals in the olive. Repeat with remaining olives.
- Baking the Olive Cheese Balls today?
- If you plan to bake these immediately, put the cheese-wrapped olives on a parchment-lined baking sheet in the freezer for about 15 minutes
- Baking them another day?
- If you plan to bake them the next day, place the cheese-wrapped olives on a parchment-lined baking sheet and place in freezer.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prior to baking, remove olives from the freezer and allow to stand at room temperature for approximately 15 minute (while the oven is heating).
- Place olives on a tray and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool to slightly warm.
More about Olives
Do you like olives? I love them!
I love Olives!
Homer called olive oil liquid gold and, at the time that he was busy composing a tale on the Trojan War, the olive trees were so sacred that anyone who cut a...
Olive Recipe: Marinated Olives Recipe - Learn a great recipe for marinated olives by watching this video!
More Recipes with Cheese
What you can do with Cheese
There's something quite indulgent about the delicious labours of the ancient craft of cheese-making - the sheer enjoyment from a simple wedge of crumbly red ...
Slow Cook Pears Stuffed with Cheese
The scrumptious creamy filling for these pears guarantees a sublime dish for any occasion. You can serve them as an elegant dessert to guests while the shee...
Slow Cook Smoked Mozzarella Fonduta
I love anything with cheese and fondue is no exception. Fondue isn't a Swiss recipe, nor is it French, it's Alpine. Melted cheese is also traditional to nor...
Excellent appetisers to suit everyone!
Gorgeous recipes categorised for easy reference, lots of tips and tricks and mouth watering photographs to inspire you