- Food and Cooking»
- Culinary Arts & Cooking Techniques
Baked Eggs in Bread Rolls
Looking for breakfast ideas?
I love eggs. Eggs are so versatile and easy to prepare, plus they contain so many vitamins and minerals.
You can have them boiled - hard or soft, poached, fried, baked or scrambled. They are used to make an omelette, meringue or pancake batter. So tasty and nutritious.
Every weekend, I'm trying to make something different. Last week I saw on Pinterest eggs in rustic rolls. Great idea! I tried, I ate and I liked it!
P.S. I was inspired by this photo!
Photo credit: Photo: Mark Thomas; Styling: Lynn Miller from www.myrecipes.com
Baked Eggs in Bread Bowls
This baked egg recipe is so simple. Please adopt everything to your taste and liking. This recipe is for 2 people. If you like to have heavy breakfast do 2 breads per person or buy 1 long roll.
Prep Time: 5
Total Time: 25
- 2 eggs
- 2 bread rolls (you could use baguette instead)
- salt & pepper
- chopped mixed herbs (you choose!)
- sliced pieces of ham or any meat (put them on the bottom of the bread)
- cheese can go on the top (optional)
- any side dish (I love mushrooms)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ÂºF/180C. Slice off top of each dinner roll and gently remove some bread until there is a hole large enough to accommodate an egg. Arrange rolls on a rimmed baking sheet. Reserve tops.
- 2. Crack an egg into each roll, then top with some herbs and a bit of cream. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- 3. Bake until eggs are set and bread is toasted, 20 to 25 minutes. After eggs have cooked for 20 minutes, place bread tops on baking sheet and bake until golden brown. Let sit 5 minutes. Place tops on rolls and serve warm.
Egg Poll 1 - Squidooers get points!
How do you like you eggs?
Egg gadgets - Amazing and cheerful gadgets for your house!
Egg recipes on Squidoo
First egg recipe is so strange - Eggvocado. Would you try it? I'm not sure.
- How to Cook Eggvocado - Eggs Baked Inside Avocados
Do you love avocados? Do you love eggs? Then you simply must try an eggvocado! An eggvocado is an egg cooked soft or firm yolked in a slightly hollowed out avocado half. It combines the smooth texture of egg yolk with the creamy texture of warm avoca
- Egg nests for breakfast
Slightly labor intensive, these are not the quickest breakfast treat but there are some short cuts to save some time. What's the best thing about these? They are quite yummy! We make them for holidays but then some days, we just want a tasty breakfas
- Simple Deviled Egg Recipe
Deviled Eggs are a popular dish served at parties and family gatherings. This dish is enjoyed by all, and can be easily and quickly prepared. The traditional Deviled Egg recipe has been enhanced into many different variations, introducing different f
- Help I Have Too Many Eggs!: Egg Recipes
Maybe you went crazy on a good sale at the store and bought 3 dozen eggs, or maybe, like me, you raise chickens and have found yourself with too many eggs for the occasional omelet. That is why I created this site with recipes that use crazy amounts
- A Recipe for Stuffed Eggs
Tasha Tudor is an American icon - a great storyteller as well as an excellent keeper of the home. She really enjoys cooking and, when I found her book at the library, I had to try some of her recipes. Now, I'm not much of a cook, but these simple stu
- Pickled Egg Recipe
My great grandmother used to make beet pickled eggs for holiday parties. She said that, according to her father, her family was Pennsylvania Dutch. This recipe would fit with that origin, with its sweet and sour mix of vinegar and sugar. When I was a
Eggs recipes - Instant ideas for your mealClick thumbnail to view full-size
Eggs recipes from around the world - on Squidoo
- Indian Egg Recipes
A collection of mouth watering Indian Egg Recipes - Easy to cook, delicious in taste. Do not forget to bookmark this page or subscribe to get the new additions to this Indian Egg Recipe Special Page.
- Loco Moco, A Traditional Hawaiian Breakfast Recipe
Call me crazy, but I love loco moco! Loco moco is the name of a popular breakfast meal served in restaurants in the state of Hawaii. It's a true breakfast in a bowl, a meal high in protein, perfect for storing up energy before hitting the surf (or sc
Great Recipe Books on Amazon
and so many yummy recipes!
Egg Poll 2 - Rhetorical question
Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
Egg in the whole
Jummy egg-related websites on world wide web
- Try Our Healthier Breakfast Recipes and Brunch Recipes | Egg Beaters
Egg Beaters offers an easy way to make healthier breakfast and brunch recipes with less fat and half the calories of shell eggs. Enjoy a healthier breakfast today!
- Incredible Edible Egg | Recipes & More | Fast & Easy Breakfast
Did you have eggs for breakfast this morning? There are endless recipes for great tasting dishes with eggs, so there's no reason you can't enjoy them for breakfast every day.
Egg in the hole - www.incredibleegg.org