Baked Haddock Recipe - How to make Baked Haddock
Making a baked haddock is not an altogether difficult task as fish tends to cook rather quickly and maintains a lot of the moisture in the fillets.
I am going to tell you how to make an easy baked haddock recipe that you can bring a little bit of Thai seasoning to give a little bit of a flavour burst to your baked haddock dish.
Remember that baking fish is much the same for all fish fillets and each time you can experiment with the different flavours of the different types of fish. The basic fundamentals to making a baked fish dish are the same, so do go ahead and add some of your favorite herbs and spices if you like to your favorite seafood recipes.
Provided fish have some form of layer above that is moist, the layer will absorb all the direct heat emiited by the baking process. This will enable the fish to cook in its own moistre and preserve the maximum flavors.
Preparation and cooking times
Your baked haddock is easily prepared for cooking in 10 minutes and will be ready to plate in about 40 minutes of cooking.
The ingredients used here should manage to serves 4 persons. For every two extra persons, add another half of the ingredients and 5 minutes of cooking time.
A twist to baked haddock by adding shrimp
The Ingredients we will need
- A kilogram of frozen haddock which will need to be defrosted.Fresh is also optional.
- 3 Sliced tomatos, about 3 mm is fine.
- A finely chopped red onion
- 10 ml of Exotic Thai spices for flavour.
- A pinch of Salt and Pepper to taste.
- 10 ml fresh parsley .Flakes or sprigs.
- 4 Potatoes. Sliced thinly about the width of the tomato slices.
- A packet of instant Chicken a la King sauce.
- 250ml of buttermilk.
The step by step Baked Haddock Recipe
- Preheat you oven to 180 degrees and wait for the light to go off.
- Whilst you are waiting for the oven to heat up, you can slice the potatoes, tomatos and chop the onion.
- Get a casserole dish, oven proof of course and smeer some olive oil or greaser onto the dish creating a thin film to prevent sticking.
- Place the fillets of haddock into the casserole dish creating a layer to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Now you can add some salt, pepper and the thai spices to flavor the haddock.
- Now you are ready to layer the onion pieces and the tomato into a layer which will seal the fish layer and protect it from burning.
- Now is the time to add the slices of potato to the dish. Gently layer the slices of potato onto the tomatos.
- Get a mixing jug and combine the buttermilk and the instant chicken a la king sauce. Pour the mixture over the potato layer which will slowly seep into the potatos while baking.
- By now your oven should be ready and constant at 180 degrees. You can place the completed casserole dish into the oven and bake it for 35 to 40 minutes. You will notice that the potatoes will be a golden brown color when it is ready. Use a skewer or toothpick to push through the potatoes to see that they are cooked.
Ready to serve
The baked haddock recipe can be used as is to make a light lucnch with a side salad or you can plate your dish like this with some roasted vegetables or even a little rice or chips.
It really is up to you how you like it. Sometimes spinach is a nice accompanyment to fish
- Shrimp Alfredo Recipe
Not your everyday shrimp alfredo recipe, but just as easy to make. If you love garlic then this is the shrimp alfredo recipe for you to taste.
- Sweet and Sour Pork Sausage Recipe - How to make Swe...
Sweet and Sour Pork Sausage dish with easy to follow steps, video and ingredients. Cooks and serves 4 - 6 people. Serve Pork sausages in sweet and sour sauce hot or cold.
- roasted leg of lamb recipe with herbed couscous
Do you need to easy to follow instructions to make a roast leg of lamb with herbed couscous for a differnec and to impress your famiky or guests. Then try this easy roast leg of lamb recipe.