- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
baked spanish omelette recipe
Origins of this dish can be traced back to a series of civil wars that took place in Spain during 19th century. General "Tomas de Zumalacarregui" created this version of the omelette as an easy, fast and nutritious dish for the army
- 4 Spicy sausages, (Can be substituted with 6 pieces achari paneer tikka)
- 4 to 5 potatoes, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 4 table spoons olive oil
- 1/2 table spoon chilli powder or green chilli, chopped
- as per taste salt and pepper
- 1 table spoon parsley, (can be substituted with coriander leaves chopped)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat 1 table spoon of oil in a non-stick pan
- Chop the sausages/paneer tikka pieces into small pieces and stir fry for a few minutes until golden brown. Remove and drain on absorbent paper
- Heat rest of the oil and fry the potatoes and onions for a few minutes. Cover and simmer on medium heat, stirring every few minutes until the potatoes are cooked
- Beat the eggs, Add salt, pepper and chilli powder/green chillies. Add sausage/paneer, parsley and half of the grated cheese to the mixture
- Spread the potatoes to make a layer. pour the egg mixture over the potatoes, making sure it coats the potatoes. Allow the runny bits of the mixture to go to the bottom of the pan so that the omelette gets completely cooked.
- Once the egg is firm and cooked, sprinkle the remaining cheese over it.
- Transfer to an oven dish roughly the same size as the pan and bake in a pre-heated oven at 175 degrees centigrade till the top layer becomes golden brown
- Cut into wedges and serve hot with buttered bread and fresh salad.