Barbecue Meatloaf Pie
The best you ever tasted!
I've never made meatloaf without also making mashed potatoes. To me, nothing tastes better than a piece of meatloaf dipped in mashed potatoes and gravy. Yum!
But because I come from a "shortcut" kind of family, I wanted to figure out how to get the mashed potatoes and gravy onto the meatloaf without having to dip every bite. Then I found a fun cake pan that lets me do just that! Here's the pan and recipe I use to make my famous barbecue meatloaf pie.
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 50 min
- Ready in: 1 hour
- Yields: 4-8 people
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup & 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 Tbsp diced onion
- 1/4 tsp each - salt & pepper
- 1 egg
- mashed potatoes
- brown gravy
- 1. Preheat oven to 350
- 2. Mix all ingredients thoroughly (except 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, mashed potatoes and gravy)
- 3. Put in Culinique pan or pie pan
- 4. Spread 1/2 the remaining barbecue sauce on top
- 5. Bake 30 minutes
- 6. Carefully drain grease and spread remaining barbecue sauce on top
- 7. Bake another 20 minutes
- 8. Drain grease again and invert onto plate
- 9. Top with mashed potatoes and brown gravy
- 10. Cut into pie pieces and serve
This is how it should look before you put it in the oven
The meatloaf pie and mashed potatoes before adding the gravy
Ready to serve!
These specialty cake pans create a 'dent' in my cakes and meatloaf so I can add a filling. It's just perfect for my barbecue meatloaf pie!
A great fillable cake pan!
Wilton recently started selling their own version of the Culinique cake pan. While I haven't personally tried it, I still feel comfortable recommending it. We all know that Wilton makes quality products. This is proven here by the many positive reviews this cake pan has received.
I like to serve it with
green beans or corn
more mashed potatoes!
homemade apple pie
Photos and text; Â© 2010-2013 Catherine Taylor. All Rights Reserved
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
All comments are moderated.