How to Pack a Beach Picnic
Picnic Food and Fun
Beach Picnic Fun!
Having a beach picnic can be romantic, family and friend oriented, or just an easy way to enjoy a picnic while your at the beach. Beach picnics are a relaxing way to enjoy the sun, beach, and beautiful ocean view all the while enjoying your food outdoors. Having a beach picnic provides a great break from the indoors and allow everyone involved to get out and enjoy the beach without having to leave and go inside to a restaurant to get something to eat. Learn how to have fun in the sun and how you can truly enjoy having a beach picnic.
Beach Picnics - Before Your Beach Picnic
Best Time for a Beach Picnic
First, decide the day and time to have your beach picnic. An ideal time for a beach picnic is anytime, as long you bring along the essentials mentioned below and the weather is good enough, (not raining or too windy). You could even enjoy a beach picnic during the holiday season!
I once spent the Christmas holidays in San Diego and was away from the cold snowy holidays that were always in the forecast during this time of year. We didn't know exactly how we would spend Christmas day and came to agreement that a beach picnic would be a good idea. That special holiday beach picnic will always remain with my thoughts as one of the most special holidays in my life! I also took notice that there were so many other people spending their holidays having a picnic at the beach too. So, if you're lucky enough to live by the beach or are vacationing by the beach during the holidays, consider having a beach picnic, I guarantee you'll have tons of fun!
Tips for Having a Beach Picnic
- Bring along finger foods when possible, like chicken and sandwiches. This will reduce the need for too many knives, forks and plates. You can wrap individual food items in wax paper for real convenience.
- Keep the drinks chilled while your at the beach. Take along a cooler to keep drinks chilled for the entire time you are there, not just for the picnic.
- Bring a picnic mat, large beach towels, or a beach blanket. It is much more pleasant to sit on a picnic blanket or beach mat than directly on the sand. You can also opt to bring beach chairs, if you desire. This will help keep the sand out of your food!
- Take items that will protect you from the sun. If you have decided to have a daytime beach picnic, always include shade producing items. There is a range of shade furniture that can be taken to the beach, including beach umbrellas and shade tents. In some places, a shade tent might also serve as excellent protection against insects.
- Don't forget sun visors or sun hats, sunglasses, and sunscreen. For a daytime picnic at the beach, these are essential items.
What to Bring on a Beach Picnic
* Picnic food
* Picnic basket or cooler
* Utensils (plastic) and napkins
* Hand wipes
* Plastic serving utensils
* Beverage cooler for icy drinks
* Picnic blanket or sheet
* Beach chairs
* Shade umbrella or tent
* Protection from the sun; sunscreen and hats
* Fun beach toys; games, swim toys, boogie boards
Beach Picnics to Go - Ready to Eat Meals
If you want to have a beach picnic without the hassle of packing one up, why not tote one of these ready-to-eat meals that are ready to go! No refrigeration required so you can just toss them in a beach tote or backpack.
Ready to Eat Picnic Meals
All that beach fun sure does make a person hungry. These ready-to-eat meals by GoPicnic are the perfect solution.
Outdoor Picnic Recipes
Beach Picnic Foods
For your beach picnic, choose food that tastes great cold. Some beaches have picnic tables and barbecue grills cook-outs. The best option, though, is to make sure that you select food that tastes wonderful when it is cold and to make sure that the flavors of your beach picnic complement each other well. Some great choices for a beach picnic include:
* Spreads and dips with crusty bread or crackers
* Marinated vegetables
* Sandwiches or sandwich wraps (already made up)
* Fried or baked chicken pieces
* Cheese cubes
* Pasta salads
* Fruit salad or whole fruits
* Slices of picnic cake, cookies or brownies
* Pudding Cups
* Cold beverage of choice
Family Beach Picnic
Beach Games for Your Beach Picnic
Playing games at the beach is fun at any age! You can play volleyball, smashball, cards, find it games, search for seashells, or make sand castles with a shovel and bucket. Football and flying a kite are always fun, too.
If your not the game playing kind of person, try reading a book, doing search puzzles or playing cards.
To enjoy the true experience of the outdoor picnic, leave the cellphone in the car. You don't want any outside distractions while your truly relaxing.
Beach Picnic Honeymoon
Having a Romantic Beach Picnic
A beach picnic is fabulous idea for your honeymoon, or if your really in the romantic mode of a relationship. You can opt to have a romantic picnic by the beach of your choice, whether it's an early morning cheery breakfast, a sunny-day luncheon or a very mellow and romantic dinner picnic. It's just a fabulous idea for your honeymoon. You get to just stare at the waves, and feed each other with tropical fruits, and delicious gourmet dishes.
You can just prepare your picnic on the spot, you can bring food with you or you could just ask assistance from the best restaurant in the resort. Whatever your choice in the time of your beach picnic or the food that is enjoyed on a beach picnic, it's a blissfully romantic experience and can create lasting memories.
Romantic Beach Picnic
Beach Picnic Poll
Ever Been on a Beach Picnic?
Picnic blankets are perfect for the shore, the park, a concert, or the campsite. Don't cover yourself with this blanket (unless your really cold), but lay it on the ground to sit on so you don't have to get dirty.
Keep it stowed in the trunk of your car so you'll always have it handy.
Save a ton of money by packing up a picnic cooler rather than buying from expensive vendors. Not only will one keep your food cold, but your drinks, as well. Who wants a warm drink while they're out in the hot sun at the beach? No-one.
You don't have to spend a fortune on a picnic cooler either. They all work relatively in the same manner.
A day at the beach is always fun, but a full day of sun can surely take it's toll on anyone. Consider popping up a beach tent and get protection from the sun. If you have anyone that is seriously sensitive to the sun or a small child, you will be so glad you brought it along.
Don't Forget the Beach Umbrella
Especially if it's a sunny afternoon, tote along a beach umbrella to your picnic. This 8' beach umbrella with carry bag is perfect for stylish shelter at the beach or pool side. A highly recommended beach umbrella that helps protect you from the scorching sun, blowing sand and more is perfect beach side.
I like the way it's easy to spot your party from afar with this brightly colored beach umbrella. Of course, you can opt to buy a solid colored one that works just as well.