- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Delicious Beef in Crock Pot
Easy Crockpot Beef Recipe
A crock pot recipe is typically easy to make, and there are numerous choices for great meals. Beef Tips and Paprika Chicken are just two of these easy crock pot recipes, which require almost not effort on your part. Put your ingredients in the crock pot in the morning, then you can forget about cooking for the rest of the day until it is time to serve the meal.
One of the great things about this recipe is the choice of beef can be the sirloin tips, stew beef also works, or you can cut up a pot roast. This can be a great savings in the meat department. The cheaper cuts end up tender and delicious due to the long hours in the crock pot.
Beef Tips - Easy Crockpot Recipe
Beef Tips - Almost Effortless Cooking
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 4 lbs. beef or sirloin tips
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots or green onions
- 2 cans (4 oz.) mushrooms
- 1 can condensed beef broth
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. tomato paste
- 1/4 cup dry red cooking wine or water
- 3 tbsp. flour
- Combine 1/2 cup of flour with salt and pepper to taste. Toss beef cubes in flour mixture to coat thoroughly.
- Place in crock pot. Add onions and drained mushrooms. Combine beef broth, Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste. Pour over beef and vegetables, stirring well.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8-12 hours, or on high heat for 4-6 hours. One hour before serving, turn to high setting. Make a paste of wine or water and 3 tbsp. of flour. Stir into beef. Cover and cook until thickened.
- Served with hot buttered noodles or rice.
Beef Tips Nutrition
|Serving size: 1 cup|
|Calories from Fat||504|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 56 g||86%|
|Carbohydrates 7 g||2%|
|Sugar 3 g|
|Protein 35 g||70%|
|Cholesterol 132 mg||44%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Crockpots and Crock Pot Recipes
Oval-shaped programmable slow cooker with 3-1/2-quart ceramic pot
Touchpad control panel; 24-hour LCD countdown timer; 4 cooking modes
Automatic keep-warm; glass lid; nonslip rubber feet; stay-cool handles for safety
Dishwasher-safe pot and lid; instruction manual with recipes included
Measures 14-1/4 by 16-1/2 by 11-3/4 inches; 3-year limited warranty
Crockpot Paprika Pork
- 3 to 4 pounds country style pork ribs, boneless
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, halved, sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Wash pork and pat dry. Combine flour, paprika, salt, and pepper in a food storage bag. Toss pork in the bag and coat thoroughly.
Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and onions; brown for about 5 to 6 minutes, turning pork ribs once to brown both sides. Arrange the browned pork and onions in a 5 to 7 quart slow cooker. Pour chicken broth in the hot pan and scrape up browned bits; pour over the pork.
Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours. Remove pork and keep warm.
Pour juices into a saucepan and place over medium heat. Simmer for 5 to 8 minutes, until reduced by about 1/4 to 1/3. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream; serve the sauce with the pork.
Serves 4 to 6.
Crock Pot Recipes
Use your crock pot to save time and to enjoy delicious, easy recipes. Put your meal in the crock pot in the morning, then go to work and don’t worry about it.
Serve it over hot buttered noodles or if you don’t care for noodles, try it with rice. It’s hard to go wrong with a recipe this simple. The other perk to these recipes is you can reheat the leftovers for another meal right in the crock pot. Serve a fresh salad or vegetables, and you have a great meal!
Crock Pot Link on Internet
- CrockPot Cooking
Recipes for your CrockPot. You simply place the ingredients in the CrockPot, plug it in, and turn it on. A delicious homemade meal ready in one pot.
- Crock Pot Recipes | Home Made CrockPot Recipes
Crock Pot Recipes for every occasion - home-cooked style crock pot cooking. Heaps of crockpot recipes all tried and tested by the author.
© 2010 Pamela Oglesby