Beefburgers - Quick and Easy Recipe
Easy Recipe for Healthy Delicious Beefburgers
Beefburgers are cheap and so easy to make yourself - they don't need to be junk food when you have control of the ingredients.
I like to show recipes which help beginners to prepare good basic food and turn it into a mouth-watering meal. Mindful of people's busy lives, my recipes are quick and easy to prepare - nothing fancy or complicated, just tasty, plain fare.
Why beginners? Because when I married at 20 I couldn't even boil an egg, and I know from experience that lots of people, especially those who have just left home, find cooking daunting.
Before You Start, Make Sure You Have All the Ingredients for the Beefburgers and Whatever you are Serving with them
Equipment for making Beefburgers
The main utensil is a grill or pan
- Large Grill Pan
- Mixing bowl
- Kitchen knife
- Spoon for stirring
- Chopping board for shaping burgers
Life is Much Easier if you Have a Food Processor -
I use my Food Processor almost every day. it does so many things
My machine has been very hard-wearing and I have had it for over twenty-five years - not bad.
Important: Ensure Everything is Ready at the Same Time -
- Make up a salad before you start, or whilst the burgers are cooking
- Prepare the buns or French bread by slicing them up
- Ensure the chips will be ready at the same time as the burgers (use a packet of frozen oven chips - they are good and predictable)
You can Rate This Beefburger Recipe Here if You Like
Prep Time: 5-10 mins. Cooking Time 10 mins.
Total Time: 15-20 mins.
Serves: 4 or 5
NB: Precise amounts are not particularly important for this recipe
so you can add more or less or vary the ingredients, for instance by using one or two eggs, one or two onions, no bread or just half a slice, and different herbs and spices, to vary the flavour every time you make beefburgers.
Beefburger Ingredients - Flour, Jerk Seasoning, Garlic Paste
- 1 kilo Minced Meat
- 1 Medium Onion chopped small
- 1 Slice crumbled Bread
- 1 - 2 Cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon Jerk Seasoning or Mixed Spice
- 1 teaspoon Mixed Herbs
- 1 - 2 eggs
- sprinkling of flour
Floured Raw Beefburgers
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl using a fork
- Spread flour on a chopping board and on your hands (to prevent the raw meatballs sticking to them)
- Shape the beefburgers with your hands (using about 1 tablespoon of the mixture for each burger) on the board, adding more flour when needed, to prevent sticking
- Fry the beefburgers gently for about 10 minutes until brown. I like mine fairly burnt and crispy, but many people prefer the beefburgers to be a lighter brown - so it's all a question of taste
Beefburgers Half Cooked
Poll about Junk Food - Take The Poll Below and See How Many People Share Your Views
We all know (because we are constantly being told) that junk food is bad for us. So would you eat it? And if so, how often, and do you place any restrictions on the junk food you ingest?
What is your favorite junk food - what's your downfall?
Accompaniments to serve with your beefburgers:
- Home Made Tomato Sauce - Quick Easy Recipe
This is the best tomato sauce for flavour and nutrition - when you make home-made Tomato Sauce, you can control what goes into it, making sure it is healthy and nutritious and being sure that you are not adding too much salt and fat. When you learn..
- Easy Baked Aubergine or Eggplant Recipe
An easy recipe for crispy, aromatic Baked Stuffed Aubergine - a delicious vegetarian dish,which you can use for a starter, a main course, or as an accompaniment to meat
- How to Cook Vegetables - Onions
Lots of people start adult life with very little knowledge of how to cook basic food; this page on cooking Onions is one of my series of articles how to cook vegetables properly;
- Learn How to Cook Vegetables
When I was newly married and in the first home of my own, I hadn't a clue how to cook anything at all except boiled eggs and toast. My Mother-in-Law took me under her wing, and, with great patience, taught me how to cook meals suitable for her...