An Easy Berry Tiramisu Recipe
Tiramisu - The perfect dessert for BBQ's and summer parties
Berry tiramisu makes a great dessert - it's easy, looks beautiful and does not leave out all those people who don't like coffee.
Serve it for Christmas, thanksgiving, a family BBQ there is never a wrong time to make this.. well perhaps it's not great for the lactose intolerant ;-)
Beware this is an entertaining size recipe so either invite lots of guests or put on your comfy jeans!
The word Tiramisu means "pull me up" or "pick me up" in Italian.
The coffee in a standard tiramisu will do just that but this recipe is more likely just going to make you happy!
- 2 packets Sponge Finger Biscuits, or chopped sponge cake
- 750 grams Frozen berries, + fresh berries for the top
- 3 eggs, separated
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 500 grams Italian mascapone
- 5 egg whites
- 100 mls Berry Liquer or cordial
- Soak the sponge fingers in berry liquer, berry juice or milk
- Beat the egg yolks and the sugar until they look a nice pale colour then add the mascapone and fold until combined.
- using clean beaters and a clean bowl beat the egg whites. The bowl needs to be clean and dry to start to give the best results.
- Fold through the first mixture and place in the fridge for 1 hour
- Place a layer of sponge fingers at the bottom of a bowl, cover with a layer of berries and then a thin layer of cream mix. Repeat until all ingredients are used. Finish with a thicker layer of the cream mixture and fresh berries. You can grate chocolate or coconut chips over the top for decoration if you like.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Can be made the night before for a lunch time party.
A beautiful dessert needs a beautiful bowl
Let Gordon Ramsey teach you how to make tiramisu
There can never be too much tiramisu - More variations for you to try
- Chocolate and Orange Tiramisu
Would you believe it's low-fat too!
- A Basic Italian tiramisu by Giada De Laurentiis
From the Lifestyle food show Everyday Italian
- Bill Granger's Tiramisu Ice Cream Cake
A great "make ahead" version
- A Directory of Tiramisu recipes
Over 80 Tiramisu recipes form the basics to Chocolate and no egg versions
- Low - Fat Tiramisu - Pamela Clark
With only 2 gms of saturated fat there is no excuse for not enjoying this version.
Need even more inspiration?
This book is full of beautiful mouth watering desserts for you to try and will teach you all the basic techniques you need to create your own masterpieces.