- Food and Cooking
Homemade Besan Barfi Sweet
What is besan barfi? Are you looking for a besinburfi homemade recipe?
Besan barfi is made with besan (gram flour), condensed milk and sugar. The tasty is placed in molds of different shapes--diamond, square or sometimes round.
Besan barfi is a very common sweet in India, especially during winter. It is usually garnished with sliced or chopped almonds or pistachios. Because it visually looks like an orange-colored cheese, it is sometimes called "Indian cheesecake", though it isn't made from cheese.
Here is one for you. Tested and eaten hundred times! Yummy! Have to hide it from kids!
2 cup besan (gram flour)
2 cup ghee (clarified butter)
1 cup milk powder
1 cup sugar
100 ml water (for sugar syrup)
1 tsp Crushed pistachio
Things you will need
How to make besin barfi
1. Melt ghee & fry besan in it till a nice smell comes out
2. Transfer the mixture in another pot & mix with milk powder
3. Make thick sugar syrup (mix water and sugar)
4. Put fried besan mixture in the ready sugar syrup and stir it
5. Add chopped pista/nuts and stir properly
6. Transfer to a plate
7. When cold cut it into the pieces