Best Baked Mac & Cheese
My 7-Cheese Baked Macaroni & Cheese
I usually make this a few times a year on special occasions -sometimes when it just sounds good or somebody needs a "food hug." This is my grown daughter's favorite meal. It's warm, delicious, gooey, melty, cheesey, and highest on my list of comfort foods! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. The one shown is baked in my Temptations 1 quart casserole. It was a small one just for my daughter on Thanksgiving!
Get Your Baking Dish Right Here! - I Love These Casseroles!
This Temptations bakeware is so good I have bought sets for my daughter and daughter in law! They go from oven to Dishwasher, to microwave to freezer and everywhere in between. They come in lots of colors and patterns but I picked out this pretty set for you. They make your table look really beautiful! There are sets that include serving racks and glass trivets which make them even more easy to use.
They are just so wonderful to have on hand when you need to do a bunch of freeze ahead meals, a big dinner party, or just a big mac & cheese casserole for dinner! They are VERY easy to wash, come sparkling clean in the dishwasher – I can't recommend them highly enough! They come with glass trivets to protect your surfaces, even serving racks! Just such a cool set. The BEST housewarming present, I think!
Food Is Such A Happy Thing!
Serve with veggie of your choice and your meal is complete!
Suggestion - add veggie or veggies of your choice to the casserole before baking. Try red bell peppers, onion, finely chopped carrots, finely chopped/drained tomatoes, broccoli florets, cauliflower florets - one or all!
What Do You Think Of This Recipe? - Come On, You Can Tell Me!
What do you think of this recipe?
Just A Suggestion...
While you're at it, make a second casserole to freeze for another meal! You can prep everything right to the point where you'd put it in the oven. Wrap securely and freeze up to 6 months. An instant comfort food fix anytime you need it! Or a great take-out for a potluck, sick friend, etc.
Please Rate My Recipe!
- 1 package dry pasta of your choice (my favorite is Farfalla - bowties). Penne is also nice.
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Half & Half
- 1/2 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 Tsp Paprika
- 8 oz Your Choice Of Mixed Shredded Cheeses
- 1 Small Jar Cheez Whiz *Optional
- 2" Slice Velveeta *Optional
- 1/8 Cup Dry Bread Crumbs
- 2-3 tbsp Butter or Margarine
- 1 Cup Vegetables of Choice (Optional)
- In small bowl place 2 eggs, 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce, 1/4 tsp Paprika, 1 cup half and half. Beat slightly until eggs and half & half are blended. Stir in an 8 oz bag of medium cheddar or your choice of any cheeses to equal 8 oz. If you want more, use more. A lot of times I use a combination of sharp and medium cheddars, monterey jack, and 4-cheese Italian. That, plus the topping gives me 7-Cheese Baked Macaroni & Cheese! Reserve a small handful of cheeses to put on top before baking.
- Put pasta in pan filled with boiling salted water. Return to boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook for 8 minutes or until al dente (tender but firm)
- Drain pasta thoroughly. Place in casserole dish sprayed with olive oil or other cooking spray. Stir in the 2-3 tbsp. butter or margarine, 1 tsp salt. Then stir in cheese mixture.
- Top with additional cheese if desired. Sprinkle very top with the bread crumbs. Bake at 350º for about 20 minutes or until cheese is thoroughly melted and casserole is hot and bubbly. If a browned top is desired, you can switch to broil and watch it like a hawk for a minute or two until top is as brown as you wish.
My Favorite 7 Cheeses To Use
- Sharp Cheddar
- Monterey Jack
- Cheez Whiz