- Food and Cooking
Bread Maker Reviews- Panasonic Breadmakers
Panasonic automatic bread maker
A bread maker is wonderful kitchen machine to have, enabling you to enjoy fresh homemade bread every day, no matter how busy you are, with none of the hassle of baking bread in the traditional way.
The problem with the huge choice of home bread makers available however, is which one to buy? What should you look for in a bread maker and which are the best bread makers on the market?
Here I will present to you one of the best rated bread makers, with a five star average on hundreds of customer reviews, the Panasonic SD-YD250 automatic breadmaker with yeast dispenser.
My personal choice
This is the bread maker I chose to take the place of my old LG after it broke down following many years of constant use. I simply love it! Fully programmable and easy to use, it mixes, kneads, rises and bakes bread in three loaf sizes, from 1 to 2-1/2 pounds. It has really many settings for a wide variety of breads, cakes and doughs and the included recipe book has 40 fabulous recipes that are easy to make and actually taste great!
This top rated breadmaker mixes, kneads, rises, and bakes bread in 3 loaf sizes, up to 2-1/2 pounds. It has numerous settings, allowing you to bake white, whole wheat or multigrain bread, French crusty bread, sandwich bread, raisin or fruit bread and many more, with light or dark crust selection. You have the option of baking non yeast breads and cakes and the machine also mixes and kneads different kinds of dough, like pizza or croissants, without baking them. It has a 13 hour delay timer and includes recipe book for more than 40 breads and doughs.
What else would you like to know about the Panasonic SD-YD250?
A breadmaker such as this one will let you enjoy fresh homemade bread on a daily basis with the least amount of effort. Very powerful and with a lot of options but still, very simple to use, you will wonder how you could ever manage without it!
- The appliance measures 14 by 13-1/2 by 9 inches and weights 14.4 pounds
- Bakes bread loaves in three sizes, small, medium and large with a crust option of light, medium or dark
- It has six bread and dough options: Basic, Whole Wheat, Multi-Grain, French, Pizza, and Cake
- It has four baking options:Bake Only, Rapid Bake (which reduces the amount of time necessary to bake normal and wholewheat bread), Raisin (chimes to let you know when to add nuts, raisins, dried fruit or other ingredients to the dough) and Sandwich (bakes bread with a softer crust, ideal for sandwiches)
- It includes a yeast dispenser which will automatically add the yeast at the right time for best results
- It has digital controls with a large LCD display and a timer which allows you to program the appliance up to 13 hours in advance
- It includes a recipe book with more than 40 bread and dough recipes, a measuring cup, a measuring spoon and a kneading blade
Panasonic SD-RD250 Bread Maker with Automatic Fruit & Nut Dispenser
You also have the option of buying the SD-RD250 Panasonic Breadmaker, which has exactly the same features as the Panasonic SD-YD250, with the addition of an automatic fruit and nut dispenser. This is a really handy extra feature if you have a particularly busy schedule or bake a lot of nut breads, whole grain or raisin breads. Normally, all these extra ingredients should be added to the dough after it has been mixed an kneaded, and the SD-YD250 will let out an audible beep when it is time for you to add them. With the SD-RD250, you can just place all your extra ingredients into the dispenser when you program the breadmaker, and the appliance will automatically add them to the dough at the right time.
Pros and Cons of the SD-YD250 Panasonic automatic breadmaker
One of the best rated breadmakers on the market, the Panasonic SD-YD250 has an average of 4,5 stars on more than 1000 customer reviews. It is considered a state of the art appliance where breadmakers are concerned.
According to more than 800 customers, the Panasonic Automatic Breadmaker with Yeast Dispenser is an excellent breadmaker, great value for money and produces perfect results every time.
- Pro:It has so many options and extra features, it would be hard to find a type of bread or dough that you cannot prepare with this breadmaker
- Pro: Although very powerful, this appliance is very easy to use.
- Pro: The 13 hour timer is a great feature. It allows you to program the appliance in the evening, so as to wake up with the irresisitible smell of freshly baked bread every morning, or just before you leave for work, so that you freshly baked loaf will be waiting for you at dinner time.The automatic yeast dispenser also enhances this feature and if you opt for the model with the automatic fruit/nut dispenser, then we are really speaking of a fully automatic bread-making robot!
- Pro: The Panasonic breadmaker is really quiet compared to other breadmaker brands
- Pro: The pan is really non-stick and the paddle does not get stuck in the bread like it often happens with other breadmakers
- Con: The appliance is quite large, taking up a great deal of countertop space and you should keep that in mind if your kitchen is not very spacious and you plan to keep it outside all the time for daily use
- Pro and Con: The appliance has no viewing window like most similar appliances do. According to the manufacturer, this ensures better heat distribution and optimal results, but some people are irked not to be able to monitor the mixing and baking process
Overall, the Panasonic SY-YD250 is an excellent breadmaker which does exactly what it is supposed to do in the best possible way each and every time. It has been awarded the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval and has a one-year limited warranty
Rate this product
The Panasonic SD-RD250 automatic breadmaker
Panasonic Breadmakers on ebay - Great deals on breadmakers
A good breadmaker does not come very cheap. You might be able to find good deals on Panasonic breadmakers here
© 2012 Aquamarine18