Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
Scrumptious and Easy to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes!
There are several different stories floating around as to how the first chocolate chip cookie was created. One thing that can be agreed on is the huge popularity of chocolate chip cookies--it's America's favorite! Included here you'll find some of the best chocolate chip cookie recipes, as well as products and tips to help you make a better cookie.
A Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
One of the most used and favorited chocolate chip cookie recipes of all time!
Ready to get started? Here's what you'll need:
- 1 1/2 cups softened butter
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350Â°F. Beat butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs on medium speed or with spoon until light and fluffy. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt, then stir in chocolate chips.
2. On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by tablespoon.
3. Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until light brown. Cool and remove from cookie sheet to cool.
Utensils for Better Cookies - Make the ultimate cookie with better kitchen tools
You can't do the job without the right tools. Do you have what it takes to make a great cookie?
Some General Tips for Better Chocolate Chip Cookies
Have tastier chocolate chip cookies every time!
- Use clean cookie sheets that haven't been greased. The grease affects the taste, as does any residue on the surface.
- Only use high quality chocolate bits. The most crucial and tasty part of this recipe is the chocolate!
- Transfer cookies to wire racks after they have cooled. Hot baking sheets continue to cook and crisp cookies even after they're out of the oven, so take them off!
- Always preheat the oven, never throw them right in and then turn the oven on.
- Don't melt butter, just soften it. Melted butter will melt the chips and partially cook the egg.
- Use an electric mixer to thoroughly mix all of the ingredients so every cookie tastes the same.
What's Your Favorite Chip? - Vote for the chip that makes cookies tastes their best!
What's your favorite type of chocolate chip?
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Incredibley chocolately, moist, rich gooey cookies!
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened premium cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one by one, then add the vanilla extract.
- Mix all dry ingredients seperately then add to the mixture. Fold in chips.
- Drop dough onto baking sheet in small 1-2" balls. Bake for 14-18 minutes. Cookies should stand 30 minutes before serving.
More of the Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes - Find more of the best chocolate chip cookie recipes across the web!
Looking more of the web's best chocolate chip cookie recipes? Here are some of the most popular ones, along with some great varieties and twist on this favorite cookie!
- Original Nestle Toll House Cookie Recipe
The original classic recipe that has spawned so many immitators.
- Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
From "The Great Book of Chocolate."
- Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
The classics here are combined with oats--a unique touch.
- Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
If you visit the Neiman Marcus site you can find this recipe for free, but legend has it that one customer asked for this recipe in a restaurant and was charged for it $200! In an act of revenge, they posted it on the internet for everyone to enjoy.
- Mesquite Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
What's the secret ingredient? Read here!
- Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
One of the best around!
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
A top-rated recipe to make peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Try it out!
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Vegan version of chocolate chip cookies...most don't even notice the difference!
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Try something different with this recipe for banana chocolate chip cookies!
- Ghirardelli Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
The ultimate recipe right on Ghirardelli's website.
- Coconut Lime Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Tropical and great for summer, try lime and coconut chocolate chip cookies for something completely different.
- Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
This recipe throws Craisins into the mix-- a welcome addition!
- Hack your Chocolate Chip Cookie
Recipes upon recipes of different chocolate chip cookies, like the Cranegranate Chocolate morsels I just saw.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Consumption
How many chocolate chip cookies do you eat?
Most Chocolate Chip Cookies
average around 140 calories and 8 grams of fat. That isn't too bad if you only have one!
Awesome Cookie Mix
Where did they originate?
Chocolate chip cookies were first made in Massachusetts, that's not disputed. What is disputed is by whom. One story has Mrs. Wakefield of the now non-existent Whitman, MA Toll House creating the cookie by accident, while the other tale is of Mrs. Carol Cavanagh of Brockton...another accident tale!
The Search for the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie - Chronicling the search for the best chocolate chipper in the world
Kitchen Aid Empire Red Stand Mixer - A chocolate chip cookie essential
Don't take our word for it....this mixer is outstanding! See the reviews below.
Kitchen Aid Mixers: An Important Cookie Making Tool - Make desserts taste better with a high powered, trusted kitchen mixer
Cookies just taste better when they're properly mixed. The ingredients get dispersed properly throughout the cookie, and the cookies bake better. You'll also cut down on time and mess as opposed to a hand held mixer, and you'll be able to use useful attachments like bread dough kneaders, plus whip cream without your arm falling off from the mixer! Ebay has some excellent deals on brand new Kitchen Aid mixers for your cookies, and the best part is they'll be shipped to your door without you lifting a finger.
101 Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies - More outstanding chocolate chip cookie recipes
Uncle Eddie's Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies - Delicious vegan chocolate chip cookies
Reviews of this product will tell you how satisfied customers really are about this well-received Vegan version of chocolate chip cookies!