- Food and Cooking
Best Kitchen Tool: The Juicer
Every chef has a tool that they use more than any other. In my house, it is the Jack LaLanne Juicer. We juice everything to make smoothies, juice, soups, or to enhance the flavors of a dish.
This lens will give you great juicers, great recipes, and innovative ways to utilize that juicer!
The Raw Juice Movement
Juice Recipes for Your Day
Nah, I am not here to change your life with juice, but I can say that adding fresh juice to your diet will make you feel better. If you are curious about the Raw Movement look it up. Some of it is weird and other parts are beneficial. Here are some raw juice ideas for your day:
Morning Juice Ideas:
1. Carrot-spinach: Toss in a 6 carrots and a handful of baby spinach leaves. Feel free to add a smidgen of black pepper to make it spicy. Or heck, throw in half of a jalapeno and you are got yourself some serious wake up juice.
2. Strawberry-kiwi: A pint of strawberries and 3 kiwi makes
Afternoon Snack Ideas:
After lunch the body can get bogged down by a decline in energy and over eating of carbs. These juices will rev you up and keep you moving through the rest of the day.
1. Super Veggie: 2 celery stalks, 1/2 a golden beet, 2 carrots, 1/2 thumb of ginger, and 1 handful kale
2. Get Better Pick Me Up Juice: 5 carrots, 5 tomatoes, a handful of broccoli florets, parsley, and a handful of spinach
Juices Before Bedtime:
I love to drink a glass of juice before bed to fuel my body for the long restoration process. Here are my favorites.
1. Clarifying Juice: 7 stalks of celery, 1 cucumber, 1 sprig mint
2. Melatonin Inducer: A pint of cherries, 2 cucumbers, 4 strawberries, 1 thumb of ginger
3. Skin Beautifier: 5 tomatoes, 1 stalk celery, 6 carrots, 1 nectarine
Health Benefits of Juicing
Alright alright everybody will tell you one thing or another, but I am here to say that juicing really has turned my life around. It detoxes and clarifies your body. After I began juicing about three years ago, I noticed that my skin (acne especially) cleared up and age spots stopped forming. Not to mention, I look so much healthier. Juicing has helped me shed baby weight and tone up (with the help of exercise).
Here are some great benefits of juicing:
-Allows picky eaters to consume super veggies and fruits
-Quicker vitamin absorption.