- Food and Cooking»
- Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
Best Tofu Salad Ever - Super Easy
Delicious, Versatile Tofu Salad
You are going to love this salad it a great vegetarian and even vegan recipe. It's so quick and easy to prepare with just a few ingredients you probably already have on hand.
Those of you who are familiar with tofu know it has a long refrigerator life unopened in its watertight pouch. If you tend to it properly, once it's opened, it will last yet another week. To store it, place it in a covered container, and cover the entire block of tofu with water. Drain and change the water daily.
Keep a package on hand in the refrigerator, for a go-to quick meal ingredient.
Mix up a small batch or large batch of the salad and keep it in a sealed container in the fridge.
Tofu Salad With Campari Tomatoes
See the photos and the printable recipe module
Place Drained Tofu In A Large Mixing Bowl - 7 ounces
If you are vegan or vegetarian, you probably have already ventured in the tofu cooking world. For those of you who are not familiar with tofu, here we go:
Most comes packed in water. Pierce the the package and drain the water. For this recipe all we are going to do is pat the tofu cake dry and cut it in half.
A typical cake is 14 oz. net weight, our recipe is for half (7 oz). Just cut the cake in half.
Salad Ingredients - (Looks delicious already!!!!!!!)
Add all the ingredients and mash with a fork.
Mash All The Ingredients Until The Tofu Is The Consistency of Cottage Cheese
Tofu Salad in a Papaya
So quick and simple. So easy to keep all the ingredients on hand. So easy to keep the ready made salad for a few days.
- 7 ounces tofu (1/2 a typical tofu cake)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (or soy mayonnaise or Vegannaise)
- 1 Tablespoon garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt*
- Put all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mash with a fork until it has the lumpy appearance of cottage cheese.
- Taste it. *Depending on the mayonnaise or mayonnaise substitute you used, you may want to add another 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Serving suggestions:
- Put 1/2 the mixture in a pita pocket add some or none of the following: sprouts, lettuce tomatoes
- Put 1/2 the mixture in half a papaya
- Put 1/2 the mixture on a plate surrounded by tomatoes.
Ounce to Gram Conversion Table
Have You Ever Tried Tofu?
It has no animal fat. No cholesterol and low saturated fat.
It is high in protein and calcium.
It is an economical replacement for meat, fish and other proteins.
- Nutrition Facts
See the nutritional data for tofu
© 2012 Ellen Gregory