- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Blackberry Mango Popsicle Recipe
The Zoku Quick Pop Maker is one of my favorite kitchen gadgets. It takes less than 10 minutes to freeze a batch of 3 popsicles. and you can make up to six popsicles before the Zoku needs to be refrozen. We make all kinds of treats in our Zoku, mostly healthy, a few not so healthy, but all delicious and yummy!
The weather is getting hot and summer is almost here which means it's time to pull out the popsicle molds. This 100% real fruit Blackberry Mango Popsicle Recipe sweetened with honey is super healthy and refreshing. The perfect frozen treat to enjoy on hot summer days!
Blackberries, a high source of antioxidants, fiber, vitamins and minerals, are super good for you! Some of their health benefits include cancer prevention, promotes cardiovascular health, great for the skin, bones, teeth and eyes and are beneficial to many women by providing relief with symptoms related to the reproductive system.
Mangos have tons of health benefits to boast about too! They provide many of the same benefits as blackberries, but they also promote brain health, alkalize the body and help prevent heat stroke on hot days.
If all the health benefits of blackberries and mangos are not enough reason to add them to your diet, I'll give you one more - they taste pretty darn good too. A little bit sweet and a little bit tart!
I used the Zoku Quick Pop Maker and the Zoku Quick Pop Tools to make these yummy blackberry mango popsicles, but they can easily be made in any traditional slow freeze mold. You will just have to adjust the freezing time from 10 minutes to 4-6 hours.
Like this recipe? Get 14 more of my homemade popsicle recipes and find out why I love my Zoku here. Some of my recipes include:
- 4 mouth-watering watermelon popsicles
- a sinfully delicious Cadbury Creme Egg popsicle
- real fruit popsicles
- my favorite pie transformed into a frozen ice pop treat
- a fun Canadian-themed popsicle
- and lots more delicious and fun recipes
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 20 min
- Ready in: 30 min
- Yields: 6
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup mangos
- 1/2 cup cold water, divided
- 2 tbsp honey
Using the Zoku Quick Pop Tools, you can make all kinds of fun designs and layers in your ice pops. It comes with three measuring cups, a siphon tool, an angle tray, a fruit wand and two shape cutters.
- Puree the blackberries with 1 tbsp honey and 1/4 cup water in a blender or food processor.
- Depending on your preference, strain the mixture through a wire mesh strainer to remove the seeds into a measuring cup. If you don't mind the seeds, skip this step.
- Rinse out the blender to get it ready for the next step.
- Peel and dice the mango. Puree the mango, 1 tbsp honey and 1/4 cup water in your blender. I use my Magic Bullet Blender which is awesome for making mixed flavored popsicles because it comes with multiple mixing cups.
- Using the Siphon Tool from the Zoku Accessories Kit, fill the Zoku 1/4 full with the blackberry fruit puree, alternating between the two flavors, allowing each layer to freeze a couple of minutes before adding the next, until you reach the fill line. You can even create crazy, zig-zag angled pops using the Angle Tray.
- Optionally, you can add in some chopped mango pieces or whole blackberries if you like in each layer.
- Using the Zoku Super Tool, remove the popsicles from the ice pop maker when they are completely frozen, approximately 10 minutes.
© 2014 Corrinna Johnson