Buying a Blender - What to Look For
How a Blender Changed my Life
How a Blender Changed my Life - A Blender Review
Are you thinking of buying a blender but aren't quite sure about it? Well my advice is to wait no longer and buy one. Just over a month ago I was given a blender and my life has changed dramatically. Owning a blender has opened up a whole new world of recipes that I never imagined I would be cooking.
However it doesn't stop there, as being able to prepare home made smoothies for breakfast has helped me lose weight and start to feel really healthy and full of energy. It is so much easier to keep a check on what you are eating when you prepare it all from the raw ingredients yourself.But wait, there's more, as using the blender is saving me so much money.
Suddenly expensive fruit smoothies only cost me the price of the raw ingredients, which are even cheaper when you're blending as you can buy the fruit that the greengrocer is selling cheaply as it is threatening to become over ripe and spoil.If that wasn't enough, my blender has opened up a whole new world of gourmet Hummus and dips which not only means I can make my hummus healthier, it means I can add all sort of ingredients that excite my taste buds whilst not costing me the gourmet prices.
In a hurry and just want to see a great selection of blenders under $50? Then head right here, right now!
What to Look for In a Blender
Choosing a Blender
Whilst completing my Blender Review, before I submitted my gift request (cheeky? absolutely!), I looked for the following features:
- Minimum of 40 ounce jug (1.2 litres)
- Glass jug
- Easy Cleaning
- Under $50
- Good Internet Reviews
- Minimum 400 Watt Motor
- Easy to Use
All the blenders reviews below have these features except two, one is for the perfect blender for the single person in a hurry and the other is for the Ninja, which I included even though it has a plastic jug, as I have heard such rave reviews for it and Amazon are selling this popular blender for under $50. How could I leave it out?
TRU 500-Watt Blender
A great price and a 60 ounce glass jar means that this blender is perfect for making smoothies for the whole family. The TRU blender has 3 standard speeds as well as the ever useful 'pulse' mode for the times when you don't want to blend everything into a smooth paste. The pulse mode is also handy to start you off when blending some of the more awkward fruits and vegetables.
Banana's and Berries - Yum
- 1 Banana
- 1 Tub of Probiotic Berry Yoghurt
- 1 Tray of Ice Cubes
- 2 Tablespoons of Oatbran
- 1/3 Glass of Mixed 100% Juice
- Simply put all the ingredients into your blender and pulse until you have a smooth mixture.Makes a delicious smoothie for one. Just double the ingredients for two. Or for a bit of variety put in 1 banana and an apple. Actually you can use any fruit you enjoy. Mix it up. Variety and experimentation are the spice (actually a little five spice would be good!) of life.
A Lifelong Quest for the Perfect Margarita
My Blender Recipe for the Perfect Strawberry Margarita
- 1 Shot of Tequila
- 1 Shot of Triple Sec
- 6 Strawberries
- 1 Tablespoon of Sugar
- A Splash of Fizzy Springwater
- 1 Tray of Icecubes
- Lemon Juice
- Put all the ingredients into your blender.Whilst blending, dip the rim of the glass in the lemon juice.Then dip the glass in the salt until you have a nice salty crust on the glass.Pour the blended mix into the glass. Enjoy!
West Bend 6550 50-Ounce Blender
A simple 3 speed unit that comes with a glass jug and a huge 50 ounce (1 1/2 litre) capacity. A perfect size for a nice big batch of margarita's when friends drop in unexpectedly.
My Blender Recipe for Delicious Iced Coffee - Refreshing on a Hot Day
- 1 Shot of Good Coffee
- 1 Spoon of Sugar or Sweetener
- 1/3 Cup of Skimmed Milk
- 1 Tray of Ice Cubes (about a dozen)
- Prepare a shot of good strong coffee.Stir in the sweetener/sugar (or leave out if you don't like sweet drinks) whilst the coffee is hot.Let the coffee cool down for a few minutes so the ice cubes don't melt.Pour the coffee and milk into the blender and then add the ice cubes.Blend until all the ice isn't visible and the mixture is smooth.Pour into a wide rimmed glass and enjoy. Oh and if you want some real decadence, put a scoop of Ice Cream on top!
Back to Basics SE3000 Smoothie Express Lifestyle - For the busy person in your life.
Don't need a 40+ ounce blender? Always in a hurry in the morning? Need to stop eating bagels and doughnuts and get a more healthy lifestyle?Then this is the perfect blender for you. Stylish and easy to use, you can pop your fruit, ice and oat bran in it, then blend and pop the travel lid on it and you are out the door. Your finances and your waistline will thank you if you buy this blender.
Easy to Clean - What to look for in a Blender
The best blenders are easy to dismantle, which makes them easy to clean. This is my blender and every piece of the glass jug and blades comes apart so I can clean out all the little bits of fruit and food that gets caught in blenders that don't come apart so easily.Easy to dismantle blenders ensure that every time you use your machine it is clean and old pieces of crud doesn't spoil the healthy creation you have just made.
A New Use for a Blender
Here's the ingredients, now what on earth do you think I could be making? (With my step-sisters blender).Scroll Down for the Answer
Ninja QB900B Master Prep.
Everybody I know, as well as the reviewers on Amazon love the Ninja. Living up to its name, the Ninja slices and dices everything that is thrown at it. Very different to other blenders that I have used as the jug is made of a durable heavy duty plastic (which doubles as a fridge storage system) and the motor for the blender is contained in the top, which stops the annoying overspill found on blenders which have motors in the base.
And the Answer is - Perfect Mini Yorkshire Puddings
Well done if you guessed the outcome. Using a blender ensured that the yorkies were light, fluffy and delicious.
Blender Recipes - My blender has opened up a whole new world.
So many things to make.. So little time.
- Delicious Spicy Shrimp Balls
The spiciest, yummiest shrimp balls in the world. Ok, that's my opinion, but they are tasty, versatile, easy to make and delicious.
- Vegan and other Healthy Blender Options
The Blender Girl provides a world of healthy options for your new blender.
- Betty Crocker provides her take on Blender Recipes
Direct from the Betty Crocker KItchen.
- Bamangocot Breakfast Smoothie
The perfect healthy breakfast for people on the go!