Blond Brownies - They are Not Chocolate But With Butterscotch Brownies You Won't Care
Yummy Blond brownies i.e butterscotch brownies are one of my favorite foods! I love brownies, and I am blessed that I can eat chocolate - but it is great to have alternatives.
All types of brownies are great food! I really hope you enjoy this recipe: it absolutely would be a sweet treat to share with a sweetheart, or share with sweet friends.
One type of blond brownies: Vegan Pecan Blondies -Picture By Mattie Hagedorn supplied per Creative Commons
Great Brownies Need a Great Brownie Pan - An excellent Silicone Brownie Baking Pan from Wilton
The Wilton 24-Cavity Silicone Brownie Squares Baking Mold was one of the top rated brownie pans on Amazon. It is easy to use due to the silicone, and easy to clean too. The brownies come up like brownie bites - which people love in these calorie-counting days. One woman said it was also great to make home-made baby food to freeze.
Prep Time: About 20 minutes, give or take
Total Time: A bit over an Hour
Serves: A bunch of people - makes a pan
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter softened - plus a bit more for the pan
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews coarsely chopped (about 3 ounces)
- 1/4 cup toffee bits
- 1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a buttered 8-inch square baking pan with foil or parchment paper, allowing a 2-inch overhang. Butter lining (excluding overhang); set pan aside.
- 2.Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- 3.Put butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla; mix until combined. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture, and mix, scraping down sides of bowl, until well combined. Mix in butterscotch, cashews, and toffee.
- 4.Pour batter into prepared pan; spread evenly with a rubber spatula. Bake until golden brown and a cake tester inserted into blondies (avoid center and edges) comes out with a few crumbs but is not wet, 42 to 45 minutes. Let cool slightly in pan, about 15 minutes. Lift out; let cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into squares. Blondies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.
- I found this nice recipe for blondies on Martha Stewart's site- and this is what I use to this day. The photo shown is not the recipe I make but another one that is a toffee blondie. I am returning here soon to show some of our blonde brownies -which I want to make for Valentine's Day. May the brownies dance with you this Valentine's Day!
- Brownies, The... Buy This at Allposters.com
What is Your Favorite Kind of Brownie?
What is Your Favorite kind of Brownie?
Brownies are cute
And they are Wonderful to Have around the House
You will probably never see the brownies, which are kind of like little fairies or hobgoblins - but they may be living in your house.
And they are - boy are you lucky - because they like to live quietly behind the scenes and just help out with little household tasks. They work at night, and if you want to keep them working you can feed them oatmeal and honey. Don't be mean to them however, as they will leave, and be sure that you call the food you leave for them "gifts" as they will get insulted and leave if you refer to it as a payment.
Some people are a little scared by brownies, but I think I would love to see one or two.
I am eagerly waiting to see their work in my home!
Brownies of All Kinds on Amazon
If you don't feel like baking from scratch - this is a wonderful substitute.
Yummy, butterscotch and pecans!
Hilarious Kindle novel of a Woman rebelling Against the tyranny of Someone forcing her to make Brownies. (There is a lot more to it than that) Perfect novel to read on a luscious Sunday afternoon while you munch on blond brownies.
If your daughter and son want to make brownies -and you absolutely don't want to deal with mess or calories - munch on a carrot stick and hand them this toy. I think all kids love to bake, and these high quality toys are an excellent way to go about encouraging that.
The definitive guide to brownies, fairies and other little weird companions.
I remember reading a story about a brownies who helped a cobbler every night - and he made little shoes for them.
Brownies Make for Easy Entertaining - Something for Everyone
I went to a women's retreat once where all the desserts were brownies - chocolate brownies, blond brownies, chocolate peppermint brownies, lemon brownies...........What a success!
Great Brownies with Help from eBay
Lovely and unusual brownie stuff is available on eBay!
Smart Planet BM-1 Brownie Bar Maker
This fun little gadget can help you bake brownies on your counter-top. It was very highly rated for baking brownies, and one reviewer said it: "Made excellent johnny cake bars with precooked ground sausage."
I was a Brownie
Brownie Scout that Is
Our family are Girl Scout obsessed. My mother got the Lifetime Achievement award for being a Scout, I was a Scout leader with my best friend in Springfield, Missouri where we came from.
Of course I was a Girl Scout - starting as a Brownie, and making it up to being a Cadette. Terrific memories, if I had a little girl, I would make sure she was a Brownie.
Bloomingrose is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. She also receives affiliate commission from eBay and other affiliate programs on items that are for sale, unless specifically indicated.