- Food and Cooking
Best Homemade Blondies Recipe
Easy Blondies Recipe - How to Make Blondie Brownie Bars in Under 35 Minutes!
Blondies are a quick, easy dessert treat that combine the best of chocolate chip cookies, brownies, and white chocolate into one amazing brownie bar. In just around 35 minutes, you can have these ready to eat for parties, snacks, or dessert.
For ingredients, instructions, and tips on making this classic, best ever homemade blondies recipe, scroll down. This is a classic version that works best with high quality chocolate and white chocolate. Ready to snack? Don't forget to view the photos or print the recipe below!
Top Left: Blondies baked up and ready for you to induldge upon.
Have this ready after your next meal and see the look of delight on people's faces! These also go great with vanilla ice cream while still warm as the ultimate treat.
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 25 min
- Ready in: 35 min
- Yields: 12 bars
- 8 ounces of white chocolate (bars or white chocolate chips)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch square pan and set aside.
- 2. Melt the white chocolate over a stove on a double boiler with the butter, or alternatively melt on the lowest heat, stirring constantly to avoid scorching. Remove immediately once the chocolate is melted.
- 3. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Slowly add in the sugar followed by the vanillla.
- 4. Fold in the melted chocolate mixture. Mix smooth, then let the mixture cool for ten minutes to prevent the chocolate chips from melting into the white chocolate mixture.
- 5. Add the chocolate chips to the cooled batter. Mix and spoon into the prepared pan. Cook for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm or room temperature.
This photo shows the batter after adding the chocolate chips. Wait at least ten minutes to let the mix cool, or it the darker chocolate will swirl right into the white chocolate. This mix is ready to pour into the greased pan and be baked.
These blondies are ready to eat! A knife was inserted to see if the batter stuck to it before serving. These seem to taste best when baked to a light golden brown. Be careful to not overgrease the pan, or it can result in the bottom and sides cooking much faster than the rest of the dessert.
Recommended Bakeware for Your Next Brownie or Dessert Project - Kitchen gadgets that help you make a better dessert!
Blondies Face Off Against Brownies - Vote for the winner!
Which one do you like better?
Which do you prefer -- blondies or regular chocolate brownies?
The Finished Product: - Beautiful, delicious homemade blondies - easy to make!
Blondies are pretty simple to make. It's just like making regular brownies, except you'll be melting white chocolate then adding in dark chips. To get the right consistency, be sure to cook the brownies long enough so a toothpick comes out clean. The brownie pan featured on this page to the right top will also achieve those much desired corner pieces everyone clamors for, but on every single piece !
A Twist on this Recipe: White Chocolate Golden Blondie Brownies - Learn how to make this recipe from scratch from Rachel Allen!
Don't forget to let the mix cool before you add the semi sweet or milk chocolate chips. Otherwise, it will melt the chocolate and will swirl the dark into the white. A neat effect, but no longer blondies.
Another Example of Fresh Baked Blondies
These were baked onto an aluminum foil sheet so that could easily be removed from the pan. The photo was from a baker on Photobucket.
Turn Brownie Mix into Brownie Bliss! - Over 175 recipes derived from a box of brownies
Just when you thought your brownies were good for just one thing, along comes this book and blows that notion out of the water. Written by cookbook favorite author Camilla Saulsbury, you'll get ideas on making truly delicious and unique desserts that are all derived from the simple, everyday brownie mix. Hit up your local store to grab some mix after buying this cookbook to enjoy all of the favorite recipes featured!
* Snickers Supreme Brownies
* Mocha Buttercream Brownies
* Mint Julep Ganache Brownies
* Layered bar cookies
* Over 175 recipes featured!