Bread Maker Reviews- Oster Breadmaker
The Oster Expressbake Breadmaker
Do you like the idea of homemade bread? Does the idea of baking your own bread without spending half the day kneading and baking appeal to you? Are you considering the option of buying a breadmaker but would prefer not to spend a small fortune on it? Then the Oster 2-Pound Expressbake Breadmaker might be the right choice for you.
The Oster Expressbake is a good, basic, top rated breadmaker that will produce excellent results consistently, at a very affordable price. Its 2 pound loaf capacity is perfect for larger families, while you still have the option of smaller loaves for smaller households and the express settings let you enjoy freshly baked bread in no time.
Read through this breadmaker review to find out wether the Oster Expressbake is the right breadmaker for your needs.
Photo credit: Amazon.
Up to a 2-pound loaf capacity, ideal for larger families
The breadmaker has 9 bread options and and 3 crust settings - light, normal and dark- as well as settings for preparing dough and jams. Its capacity for baking bread in 1, 1.5 and 2 pound loaves makes ideal for families of any size, while the Expressbake settings speed up significantly the time you need to bake a loaf of bread. Other features include a 13-hour timer, a large LCD display, a large viewing window and easy to use controls.Includes easy to use instruction manual and recipe book, measuring cup and scoop, kneading blade and non stick pan and kneading blade removal tool.
What else would you like to know about the Oster Expressbake?
This is a top rated breadmaker with a lot of baking options and probably the most affordable one on the market.
- The appliance measures 13.8 by 13 by 14.1 inches and weights 8 pounds
- Bakes bread loaves in three sizes, 1, 1 1/2 and 2 pounds with a crust option of light, medium or dark
- It has 9 bread and dough options:Basic, French, Whole Wheat, Sweet, European,Dough and Bagel Dough,Bake only and Jam and three crust settings, light, medium and dark
- It has three fast baking options: Express Bake (1.5lbs.), Express Bake (2.0lbs.) and Quick
- It has a large LCD display and a timer which allows you to program the appliance up to 13 hours in advance
- Unlike many other similar models it also includes a large viewing window
- It includes a recipe book with many bread, dough and jam recipes
Pro and Con features of the Oster Expressbake Breadmaker
One of the best rated breadmakers on the market, the Oster 2lb Expressbake has an average of 4,5 stars on more than 100 customer reviews.
According to more than 80 customers, you cannot beat the Oster Expressbake for quality vs price. It has most of the options found on more expensive breadmakers but at a very affordable price.
- Pro:It has many of the bread, dough and baking options to be found on other, much more expensive models
- Pro: It is quite compact, taller rather than wider and saves up on countertop space.
- Pro:The express settings are a great feature, enabling you to have fresh, tasty, homemade bread in less than an hour.
- Pro: The 13 hour timer is a great feature. It allows you to program the appliance in the evening, so as to wake up with the irresisitible smell of freshly baked bread every morning, or just before you leave for work, so that you freshly baked loaf will be waiting for you at dinner time.
- Pro: The pan is really non-stick and the paddle does not get stuck in the bread like it often happens with other breadmakers
- Pro: The viewing window is a nice feature, as it allows you to monitor all stages of the baking process
- Pro: The appliance is really easy to use and produces excellent results
- Con: According to many users, the appliance is quite noisy. Not the kneading process itself, but the fact that it beeps very loudly at intervals, eg. to let you know when you may put in additional ingredients such as nuts, raisins etc, or to inform you that the bread is ready
Overall, the Oster Expressbake is an excellent choice for a basic breadmaker which does what it is supposed to do and is really cheap compared to similar models on the market
Rate this product
Watch a video on the Oster Expressbake Breadmaker
More bread stuff on Amazon - Cookbooks, bread bins and more
Bread recipe books, bread bins and racks to make breadmaking at home even more enjoyable
very good book with gluten free recipes that actually turn good in most breadmakers
© 2013 Aquamarine18