- Food and Cooking
Bread Maker Reviews - Cuisinart Breadmaker
The Cuisinart 2-pound Bread maker
Choosing the best bread maker for your needs is far from easy with so many brands and models available on the market. When my old bread maker broke down after many years of constant use, I went onto a large-scale market research before deciding on my next model. I finally bought the Cuisinart CBK-100 2-Pound Programmable Breadmaker, mainly because of its gluten free bread option. My husband has celiac disease and has been adviced to eat gluten free bread.
Photo credit: Amazon
Fully programmable bread machine with an option of three loaf sizes and three crust settings. It features 12 menu options for bread, cakes, jams doughs and a 13 hour delay timer. Extra features include a removable lid, kneading paddle and bread pan for easy cleanup, a viewing window, a large, easy to use LCD touchscreen control panel and stay-cool handles. Another highlight of this breadmaker is the power-failure-backup facility. It includes a recipe book for many breads (including gluten free recipes) and doughs, jams and sauces, as well as a measuting cup and measuring spoon.
More features of the Cuisinart CBK-100 Bread maker
This breadmaker will let you enjoy the taste and smell of fresh homemade bread on a daily basis with the least amount of effort on your part. It has a lot of options and extras so that you can experiment with many different recipes and ingredients, but it is very easy to use and quite affordable.
- The appliance measures 18 x 12.2 x 15 inches and weghts 17.9 pounds
- It bakes bread loaves in three sizes, 1, 1.5 and 2 pound with a crust option of light, medium or dark
- It has 12 bread, dough and jam options: Basic/White, French/Italian, Whole Wheat, Sweet Bread, Gluten Free, Packaged Mix (for ready bought bread mixes), Cake/Quick Bread (for cakes and yeast free breads), Pasta, Dough,Jams, Bake-Only (to darken the crust or bake ready made doughs) and Rapid Bake (to use with recipes requiring rapid rise yeast).
- It has digital controls with a large LCD display and a timer which allows you to program the appliance up to 13 hours in advance
- A beep will sound on two occasions: One, to let you know that it is time to mix-in any extra ingredients like nuts, raisins etc, and Two, to let you know that the mixing/kneading is complete and that you may take out the kneading paddle if you like
- It includes a recipe book for breads (including good gluten free recipes), doughs, jams and sauces
What I like and what I don't
The Cuisinart CBK-100 has an average of 4 stars on approximately 300 customer reviews.
According to more than 200 customers, the Cuisinart Breadmaker is an excellent choice, great value for money and makes nicely textured and tasty bread every time.
- I like the fact that it has so many options and extra features. It would be hard to ask for a kind of bread or dough that you cannot make with this breadmaker
- I especially like the gluten free bread option which is not found on many similar appliances. The gluten free recipes included also work prefectly on this breadmaker and produce very tasty and large loaves of gluten free bread
- I really like the 13 hour timer. This allows me to program the breadmaker either before I go to bed at night, so that I have warm, freshly baked bread for breakfast, or before I leave for work in the morning, so that I will have a fresh loaf of bread on the table for dinner
- I especially like the power failure backup system which allows the appliance to store in memory the stage of the bread making cycle it was at, in case of a power outage and resume once power is restored. The memory is maintained for up to 15 minutes
- I like the fact that the breadmaker will beep to let me put in extra ingredients, but especially the fact that it will beep again to let me know when I can take the kneading paddle out. This way, I don't have the hole made by the paddle in the bottom of the loaf once it is baked, which really annoyed me with my old bread machine
- I don't like the fact that the appliance is really large and heavy and takes up a great deal of countertop space. It is one of the largest breadmakers of the kind and this may be a problem if you don't have a very large kitchen and you want to keep it out at all times for daily use
- I really like the fact that it is cheaper than most other similar breadmakers
Overall, the Cuisinart CBK-100 is a powerful, very reliable and very affordable breadmaker and an excellent choice for most people, especially people with allergies to gluten
Watch a step by step video on how to use your Cuisinart Breadmaker
Bread recipes for breadmakers - Best Breadmaker recipe books to buy
These are among the best breadmaker recipe books for homemade bread on Amazon
Full of yummy bread recipes specially designed for breadmakers