How to Make Brownies
Easy Brownie Recipes and More
If you are a chocoholic like us, then you'll love these chocolate brownie recipes. I've included several different recipes for the cake brownie and the fudge brownie people and easy recipes for beginners as well as start from scratch ones for the more experienced bakers.
You'll also find helpful items like special brownie pans and cook books. We even found a great video that demonstrates the whole process from beginning to end. I bet you'll want to rush into the kitchen and whip up a batch of brownies as soon as you finish reading. Have fun and enjoy!Brownie picture is GNU Documentation
Sugar, Sugar - The Archies
Sing along with Archie and the Gang while you check out the brownie recipes!
Brownies, the Easy Way or Hard Way?
Of course, the easiest (but not the most delicious) way to make brownies is to go to your local grocery, buy a box of mix and follow the directions. In 30 minutes or more you'll have brownies, but they just won't taste like your Mom's (unless that's how she made them). Since I feel that I am a connoisseur of fine brownies, I will provide you with several recipes. Some are very easy and some, like the ones made with real unsweetened chocolate, are a little more difficult, but not too hard. Heck, I made them using the "hard" recipe when I was 10 years old and was working on my "Baking" 4-H project! That's when I first got hooked on Brownies.
There are many different types of Brownies. Some people like "cake-like" ones and others want more fudge-like brownies. My husband and I belong to the fudge brownie troop. The more gooey, the better. Some people have to have icing, while others like them plain. Others like nuts added to the recipe. Once you decide whether you belong to the cake troop or the fudge troop and pick the proper recipe, then the extras can be added as you go along.
• Always preheat the oven.
• Don't forget to grease the pan.
• Stick a toothpick in the middle of the pan to test if they are done. If it comes out clean, they are done. However, since we like gooey brownies, we take them out a couple of minutes before they are done.
Betty Crocker's Cooky Book
A good, all around Cookie Cookbook. I have a really old copy that I have been using since the late 1960's and I haven't found a recipe in it that I didn't like.
How to Make Brownies
was Featured on Cabaret Squidoo Best Recipes on May 26, 2009
Fudge Brownie or Cake Brownie?
Do you like your brownies fudgy or cakey?
How to Make Brownies Video
Step by step instructions for making fudge brownies.
Traditional Fudge Brownie - Our Favorite!!!
I've been making these for years. The recipe is from my old 1969 Betty Crocker Cookbook
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease baking pan, 13X9X2 inches. Melt chocolate and shortening in large saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat. Mix in sugar, eggs and vanilla. Stir in remaining ingredients. Spread in pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until brownies start to pull away from sides of pan. Do not overbake. Cool slightly. Cut into bars, about 2 X 1 1/2 inches. If desires, spread with Glossy Chocolate Frosting before cutting. Makes 32 cookies.
- Glossy Chocolate Frosting
- 3 tablespoons shortening or butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt shortening or butter and chocolate in saucepan over low heat. Stir in remaining ingredients; beat until smooth. Place pan of frosting in bowl of ice and water; continue beating until of spreading consistency. If desired, stir in 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts. Fills and frosts two 8- or 9-inch layers or frosts a 13X9-inch cake.
Brownies for a Crowd Recipe
Here's a recipe for a large quantity of delicious chocolate brownies. It's from our old standby, The Betty Crocker Cooky Book, 1963.
- 8 squares unsweetened chocolate (8 oz.)
- 1 1/3 cups shortening
- 4 cups sugar
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups Gold Medal Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups chopped nuts
- 2 oblong pans
- 13 x9 1/2x2" or 2 jelly roll pans
- 15 1/2 x10 1/2x1"
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease pans. Melt chocolate and shortening over low heat. Beat in sugar and eggs. Measure flour by dipping method or by sifting. Blend flour, baking powder and salt; stir in. Mix in nuts. Spread in pan. Bake 25 to 30 min., or until toothpick stuck in center comes out clean. Cut in bars; frost, if desired.
Worlds Greatest Brownie Poster on Zazzle
The World's Greatest Brownie Postcard by theworldsgreatest on Zazzle.com
When Do You Eat Brownies Poll
When do you make or eat brownies?
Easy Cocoa Brownie Recipes
Simple Fudge Brownies Recipe
From RecipeZaar Recipe #141647 | 45 min | 15 min prep
By: Chef #241640
Oct 17, 2005
Easy and delicious!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1. Cream first 3 ingredients with a mixer.
- 2. Blend in cocoa, flour and eggs.
- 3. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 4. Frost with your favorite icing or mix icing sugar, butter and cocoa.
- 5. Cut into 15-20 small squares (its pretty rich!).
Cocoa Brownies - Easy Recipe
from The Food Network
Recipe courtesy Alton Brown
- Soft butter
- for greasing the pan
- for dusting the buttered pan
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 8 ounces melted butter
- 11/4 cups cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Butter and flour an 8-inch square pan.
- In a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the eggs at medium speed until fluffy and light yellow. Add both sugars. Add remaining ingredients, and mix to combine.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 8-inch square pan and bake for 45 minutes. Check for doneness with the tried-and-true toothpick method: a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan should come out clean. When it's done, remove to a rack to cool. Resist the temptation to cut into it until it's mostly cool.
Chocolate Brownies Print on Zazzle
Buy chocolate brownies print by sulabadula on Zazzle.com
Too many scrumptious brownie recipes to describe. You'll want to try them all.
Easy Brownies with Pre-melted Chocolate
Chocolate Fudge Brownies
These basic chocolate brownies have an infinite number of variations. Choose one of the suggestions or experiment on your own!
- * 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- * 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- * 1/4 teaspoon salt
- * 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- * 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- * 2 tablespoons water
- * 4 packets (1 oz. each) NESTLÃÂ® TOLL HOUSEÂ® CHOCO BAKEÂ® Pre-Melted Unsweetened Chocolate Flavor
- * 2 large eggs
- * 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- * 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 350Â° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Microwave sugar, butter and water in a large, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture bubbles, stirring once. Add Choco Bake; stir.
- STIR in eggs, one at a time, until incorporated. Stir in vanilla extract. Add flour mixture; stir well. Stir in nuts. Pour into prepared baking pan.
- BAKE for 15 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
- FOR SAUCEPAN METHOD:
- HEAT sugar, butter and water in a medium saucepan just to boiling, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add Choco Bake; stir. Proceed as above.
- CREAM CHEESE BROWNIE VARIATION:
- PREPARE brownie batter; do not pour into pan. Beat 8 ounces softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth. Beat in 1 egg. Pour brownie batter into pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture over top; swirl with spoon. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIE VARIATION:
- PREPARE brownie batter without nuts; do not pour into pan. Combine 1/2 cup peanut butter, 3 tablespoons granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100 %) power for 45 seconds; stir until smooth. Pour brownie batter into pan. Spoon peanut butter mixture over top; swirl with spoon. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- ROCKY ROAD BROWNIE VARIATION:
- PREPARE brownie batter without nuts; bake as directed. While still hot, sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows, 1/3 cup chopped nuts and 3/4 cup NESTLÃÂ® TOLL HOUSEÂ® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels. Bake for 2 to 3 minutes or until marshmallows are puffed and morsels are shiny.
The Ultimate Cake Brownie
The Ultimate Brownie is a tall cakey-brownie, but is dense like a fudgy-brownie. About Baking
- 8 - 1 ounce squares of unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 -1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 -1/2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts (toasted)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat; set aside. In a mixer, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla at high speed for 10 minutes**. Blend in chocolate mixture, flour and salt until just mixed. Stir in the nuts. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. (Don't overbake.) Cool and frost if desired, but that is not necessary.
Tell the Truth... Do you most often use a Mix or bake brownies from scratch?
Pyrex Mixing Bowl Set with Lids
You can't go wrong with Pyrex mixing bowls and these have lids.
Slice Solutions Brownie Pan
If you must have perfectly sliced brownies, then this is the pan for you!
Favorite Flavor for Brownies Poll
Which is your favorite Brownie flavor?
© 2008 Yvonne L B