Delicious Channa Masala
Channa Masala is a delicious budget-friendly recipe. Channa is also referred to as Chickpeas or Garbanzo Beans.
Channa Masala is a famous dish all the way from India. Channa (Chickpeas) Masala is a side dish that goes with Indian bread, white bread, wholemeal bread or any other bread variety. Channa Masala also tastes great mixed with white rice or brown rice.
Channa (Chickpeas) are good for health. They are rich in fiber and have a low Glycemic Index. Chickpeas are both healthy and budget-friendly.
Garam Masala Powder and Channa Masala Powder that I have used in this recipe will be available in any Indian store.
Image Credit - My Image
- 3 cups Boiled Chickpeas
- one small cup Sunflower Cooking Oil
- 2 cut into pieces Onions
- 3 cut into pieces Tomatoes
- 3 pods Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Paste
- 3 in number Green chilli
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 2 teaspoons Chana Masala Powder
- Soak the chickpeas overnight in water
- Boil the chickpeas till they are well cooked
- Grind the cut tomatoes, cut onions, green chillies to a fine paste
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan
- Add the cumin seeds and let them splutter
- Add the finely ground paste to the pan
- Cook on low flame till the raw smell goes
- Add the ginger paste
- Add the Garam Masala and Chole Masala Powder
- Add the boiled chickpeas
- Add salt as required
- Simmer for about five minutes
- Transfer the Chickpeas Masala to a serving bowl
- Garnish with chopped corriander