Burst of Flavor
home made creative twist on recipes. most are easy to cook some may take longer. i love to come up with different ways to encourage people to eat flavorful food. the list is never ending and most of the time i end up making something just by looking in my pantry. i hope my recipes give you inspiration on making your own. and know that cooking can actually be fun and easy if you at least try.
- 1 lb Cooked Shrimp
- 1 lb Penne Pasta
- 1 Jar of Alfredo Sauce
- 1/2 Sweet Onion
- 5 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 cups Fresh Spinich
- 1 cup Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Fresh Basil
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Boil water for your Penne Pasta. Remember to season with salt and Olive Oil. When water is boiling go ahead and toss it in. Boil the pasta in till Al Dente than strain.
- Prepare chopped onion, garlic, and slice cherry or grape tomatoes in halfs. In a sauce pan drizzle olive oil and throw in your onion and garlic. Once they become translucent lower your heat.
- Before you throw in your shrimp make sure you take the tails off. Wash your shrimp real good and put in saucepan. Add your butter and Alfredo sauce.
- Cook to simmer than add the following seasonings: sea salt, pepper, Vegeta (European seasoning), and dill. Season to taste. Remember you can always add more seasoning but you can never take back.
- Now we add are fresh basil, tomatoes, and lemon juice. Cook for only a couple of minutes than turn off. Once sauce is done add your penne pasta to sauce pan and mix.
- I recommend adding Parmesan cheese and a slice of lime. Enjoy!
Ham & Lentil Stew
Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 50 minutes Ready In: 1 Hour and 20 minutes
Yields: Serves about Six People
- 1 lb cooked ham
- 2 cups lentil
- 3 large carrots
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1/2 of a large onion
- 3 or 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 large can of tomato paste
- 1 large can of tomato sauce
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cups red wine
- 2 cups water
- Start off by sauteing your onions and garlic. Once their soft add in 2 to 3 tablespoons of flour. Than your going to drizzle in vegetable oil in till you get a good thick mixture. Once golden brown add in your red wine. Cook down for about 5 minutes than add 2 cups of water.
- Your going to start putting in your tomato paste and tomato sauce. Than you're gonna wanna add 2 beef bullion cubes. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Now you can add everything else. Your diced ham, lentil, celery, carrots, and potatoes. This is when you add in all your seasonings: salt, pepper vegeta (european seasoning), paprika, basil, and either hot sauce or crushed red pepper. Season to taste.
- Let cook on medium/high for 30 minutes. Basically when the potatoes and carrots are done.
- This meal is delicious with some good crusty baguette.
Has my recipes been helpful?
© 2015 Jelena