Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
Fluffy Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
Easy Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
Buttermilk Biscuits just like grandma used to make biscuits from scratch! This easy buttermilk biscuit recipe will turn out the most delicious biscuits you will ever taste! A super moist, and southern flavored fluffy buttermilk biscuit recipe that you will want to bookmark or print out for your own collection! Serve these quick and easy buttermilk biscuits for breakfast with some sausage and eggs, or serve these up for dinner time, either way you can't loose!
I hope you enjoy these Buttermilk Biscuits
Main Content for Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
Gather these tools to make this Fluffy Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
Small bowl for butter
Ungreased baking sheet
Medium to large bowl
Once you have gathered all these kitchen tools, you can proceed with the Buttermilk Biscuit Recipe below.
Fluffy Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe Ingredients
1 1/4 C. cake flour
3/4 C. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/4 C. butter, cut into small chunks
3/4 C. buttermilk
How to make Fluffy Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees
2. Prepare ingredients: First, cut the butter into chunks, and place chunks of butter into a small bowl and return it to the fridge. Now measure out the buttermilk and set it aside. Sprinkle some flour on a work surface and have extra flour nearby for your hands and the biscuit cutter. Have the biscuit cutter and an ungreased baking sheet handy near by.
3. Mix dough: In a medium-large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt until all is very well blended. Add the butter and cut into flour using a pastry blender, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Pour in the buttermilk and stir lightly until dough comes together into a ball.
4. Knead dough and cut biscuits: Dump dough mixture out onto floured work surface. With floured hands, lightly knead dough a few times until it is fairly well blended. Pat out into a circle, 3/4 - 1 inch thick. Dip cutter into flour and cut biscuits without twisting the cutter. Form the dough scraps into an extra biscuit-like shape instead of re-rolling the dough. Place cut biscuits together on the baking sheet so that the sides are touching. Brush tops with melted butter, if desired.
5. Bake biscuits: Place baking sheet in the middle of a preheated 500 degree oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until buttermilk biscuits are golden brown. Remove buttermilk biscuits to a wire rack to cool for a few minutes.
I hope you enjoy this fluffy buttermilk biscuits recipe
The Best Buttermilk Biscuits Recipes - I have found the best Buttermilk Biscuits Recipes
Try these other Simple Buttermilk Biscuits Recipes
- Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
Easy Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
- Southern Biscuits Recipe : Alton Brown : Food Network
Food Network invites you to try this Simple Southern Biscuits Recipe from Alton Brown.
- Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
Recipe for simple buttermilk biscuits made with shortening and flour and baking powder, baked.
- Cooks.com - Recipes - Buttermilk Biscuits
Easy Buttermilk Biscuits Recipes
- Buttermilk Biscuits Recipes
Find delicious recipes, like quick buttermilk biscuits, and other Southern/Soul Food recipes at Epicurious.com
- KFC Buttermilk Biscuits Recipes
Kentucky Fried Chicken's Buttermilk Biscuits Recipes
- Hardee's Buttermilk Biscuits - Recipes - Recipe Trove
Hardee's Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
- Easy Cornbread Recipe | Fast and Easy Recipes
Fast and Easy Cornbread Recipe Cornbread goes great with Chili, Beans, Ham, or for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe Video - This a great recipe for buttermilk biscuits
Buttermilk Biscuits make a great breakfast with jam
Tips for Perfect Biscuits
Helpful tips for making the best biscuits
- Make sure your baking powder, baking soda, and/or self-rising flour are fresh!
- Start preheating the oven as soon as you start thinking about making the biscuits! You want the oven to be completely preheated before the biscuits go in.
- Prepare your ingredients and tools in advance so that once you get started, you can work quickly and efficiently: cut your butter in small pieces and put it back in the fridge, measure out the buttermilk, flour the counter, get out the biscuit cutter and baking sheet.
- Use very cold butter, keep it in the fridge until you’re ready for it. Work the butter quickly into the flour so that it doesn't have a chance to even think about melting!
- When you add the buttermilk, stir lightly! This can be done simply with a fork. You just want to get the dough to a point where the flour is all clumped together, not a smooth dough!
- Knead lightly and minimally. You aren’t kneading this like bread dough, you are simply finishing the mixing process with your hands. You only want to knead a couple of times to finish dispersing the liquid through the dough. The more you knead, the denser your biscuits will be!
- Even if you use self-rising flour in the dough, dust the counter and dough with all-purpose flour. Self-rising flour can give the outside of the biscuits a bitter taste, due to the leavening it contains.
- Don't pat the dough out too thin. If you want high biscuits, don’t roll the dough any thinner than 3/4 to 1 inch.
- When cutting biscuits, use a sharp cutter and press straight down and up. Don’t twist! This was the hardest tip for me to adapt. I have always twisted the biscuit cutter. But guess what, it makes a difference!
- Place cut biscuits together on the baking sheet so that they are touching. Again, this is something I have never done. But I found that the biscuits do rise well and I really enjoy the texture of the soft-sided biscuits!
- Don't re-roll the scraps. Since it is best to work the dough as little as possible, instead of gathering the scraps, re-rolling and cutting into biscuits, just form the scraps into biscuit shapes by hand. I usually end up with scraps to form two extra biscuits. They might look a little funny, but they rise as well as the others and they taste just as good!
Biscuit Bliss: 101 Foolproof Recipes - Fresh and Fluffy Biscuits in Just Minutes
Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
Please help promote this page!
Lensroll this Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe lens
Add this Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe lens to your favorites
Email this Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe lens to someone
Thanks for visiting