Cabbage and Carrot Stir-Fry
You can't go wrong with this delicious side dish that is healthy, full of veggies and inexpensive to make. I love how the vegetables in this easy Cabbage and Carrot Stir-Fry turn out so tender crisp and sweet. Feel free to be creative and add in any other vegetables that you may have on hand. Mushrooms, zucchini and bell peppers are all good choices.
If you like some bits of browned vegetables in your stir-fry, as I do, turn up the cooking heat just for the few last minutes and stir frequently. Serve with soy sauce if you like, but you may want to skimp on the salt for seasoning.
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 1/2 tbls. olive oil
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- soy sauce (optional)
- Remove outer leaves or cabbage and coarsely chop.
- In a stir fry pan or large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add carrots and stir fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add in cabbage,onions and garlic powder.
- Continue cooking until cabbage is tender crisp.
- Season with salt and pepper