- Food and Cooking
Sweet Bouquets - Candy Crafts - Edible Arrangements
Edible Candy Bouquets Sweet Food Craft Gifts
Anyone can give flowers or a box of candy as a gift. Why not give an incredible, edible candy craft bouquet or an arrangement made from sweet treats (candy, cookies, fruit)? Every holiday features special sweet treats - why not make a decoration or gift from candy or confections you've made yourself?
For Christmas, make a Gingerbread house or cookies to hang on the tree and nibble until New Year, or handcraft your own designer candy ornaments. For harvest holidays or summer fun, you can create carved vegetables or fruits for the table or your friends.
For Valentine's Day, decorate picture frames with candies or craft an edible gift bouquet made with candies and cookies.
At Easter, decorate cookies shaped like eggs, or create some hand-made candies dipped in chocolate and covered in pastel sprinkles.
Play with Your Food - sweet candy crafts and edible arrangements bring another creative dimension to Culinary Arts. Flowers are Fun, but edible Gift Bouquets made from candy, fruit, veggies, cookies or cakes are Sensational! Treat the kids to Candy Sushi or let them make Candy Crafts at the next birthday party.
Illustration based on chocolate coated fruit photo by pussnboots,on Flickr, used under Creative Commons license
Candy Craft Kits and Books - I love this book!
Fuel your sweet tooth and your creative spirit with these confection construction guides. I have the Cancy Construction book and it's got plenty of ideas for cakes, too.
I bought this book to get ideas for making unique sweet treats for my grandchildren. My husband works in civil engineering and he's also an artist, and he got a real kick out of the construction theme that's carried throughout.
Beautiful to look at and almost too lovely to eat. Almost.
Bakerella Cake Pops - How to make tasty sweet cake on a stick candy coated goodies
Candy Airplane Craft - Little pilots will love these planes made from candy and gum.
Take the outer wrap off a pack of gum sticks, use a roll of smarties or other similar roll candy for the plane body, and then attach the gum stick wings to the plane's Life Saver wheels using rubber bands. Easy fun candy airplane treat!
Candy Covered Ornaments
Decorate Cookies or Cardboard to Make Ornaments for Any Holiday or Party
Candy ornaments are a fun party activity for children or adults. You can decorate cookies to make candy covered ornaments, or you can glue candies to cardboard shapes to make your candy crusted decorations.
Cookies that make sturdy candy ornament bases include home made cookies: shaped sugar cookies and gingerbread cookies, or you can use packaged cookies: ginger snaps, shortbread cookies or graham crackers.
How to Make Candy Covered Ornaments
Mix up a batch of Royal Icing Glue and gather up your favorite small candies and colored sprinkles.
Spread a thin coating of icing glue on a cookie (to make an edible ornament) or cardboard shapes. Glue candies to the cookies or shapes. Glue a ribbon or string to the back of the candy covered ornament and allow candy ornaments to dry overnight before hanging on display rack, in window, on a holiday tree or wrapping up to use as a gift package tie-on.
Pure Food Colors for Making Candy Crafts
Get exactly the right shades of practically any color with these concentrated icing colors.
Deliciously Beautiful Edible Treat Bouquets - How to Make Edible Craft Arrangements For All Occasions
Candy, cookies and a sweet confections you can make to give as a gift or treat for any occasion I love the ideas for tiny treats and sweet bouquets shared here.
- Romantic Chocolate Kiss Bouquet Valentine Candy Gift
Create delightful a chocolate kiss rose bouquet, a candy craft Valentine gift you make from Hershey's Candy Kisses.
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Snowmen
Absolutely adorable and delicious - create little white chocolate snowmen with cherry insides. YUM.
- Candy Crafts
Learn how to make your own candy bouquet and other amazing candy arrangements - Free step-by-step instructions with photos.
- Peep Wreath Centerpiece
Peeps all together on little wreath forms joined together to make a giant flower from Peep Candies.
- Watermelon Turtle
This watermelon turtle is absolutely adorable and easier than it looks. If you like to carve pumpkins, then you'll have fun with this great summer project for your next party. Carve the shell and fill it with the melon fruit!
- 10 Fun Valentine’s Day Treat Ideas for Kid
Most kids have a Valentine's Day party at school where they get to bring Valentine's for all their classmates. They can also make a fun Valentine box to share
- Snowman Cookie Pops
Make and decorate adorable snowman cookie pops on a stick from chocolate sandwich cookies, melted chocolate and marshmallows.
- Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Reindeer Pops
Pretzels, marshmallows and chocolate coating make up into adorable reindeer candy on a stick.
Candy Crafters Meringue Powder
Meringue powder makes it easy to whip up royal icing at home.
Adds body to royal icing, meringue, boiled icing; stabilizes buttercream. Replaces egg white in many recipes. Resealable top opens completely for easy measuring. Certified Kosher.
Sweet Fun Candy Crafts - Cute and Sweet Edible Crafts to Make - Kid or Klutz Craft-Friendly
Handmade edible sweet treat gifts are fun to create, wildly popular to give or get, and many are easy enough for kids to craft.
Design a Custom Candy Tin
Personalized Mint/Candy Container Jelly Belly Tins with custom graphics and your choice of size, decorations, lettering and fillings are just a click away at Zazzle.
- Candy Cane Heart Valentine Craft
. A homemade Valentine's Day craft heart made with candy canes.
- Candy Sushi
The kids will love making and eating candy sushi - it's a great birthday party activity and treat.
- Fun Edible Kid Crafts Made with Candy and Fruit
Kids will absolutely love making (and eating) these sweet treat candy craft and fruit decoration projects.
- Grow Sugar Crystals - Make Your Own Rock Candy
These are step by step instructions for growing your own sugar crystals or rock candy.
- Pretzel Shamrocks Candy Craft
Delicious, easy and fun to make pretzel shamrocks candy craft - the kids will love 'em.
- Holiday Traditions | Living Locurto Gingerbread Houses
Gingerbread houses - lots of pictures here to give you Christmas inspiration.
- Holiday Traditions | Living Locurto Gingerbread Houses
Gingerbread houses - lots of pictures here to give you Christmas inspiration.
- Glorious Treats How To Make Fondant Graduation Caps
Graduation caps made from fondant adorn the tops of cupcake treats.
- Teaching Heart Mom: Don't Eat the GLUE But Go Ahead and Eat the Crayons...
Fun and easy edible treats look like crayons - kids will love these party treats made from pretzels and colorful candymakers chocolate. There's even a printable sheet with Crayola-style paper wrappers with color names ready for you roll around your e
- Reindeer lolly pop candy crafts.
With its lollipop head, pipe cleaner antlers, and googly eyes, this treat is part craft project, part holiday sweet. Kids can easily make a whole herd for classmates and teachers.
- Homemade Lollipop Photo Valentines
Kids will love these! Take a photo of your child, add a lollipop near his/her hands, stick to a paper heart!
- Rainbow Slush
Kids will love this frozen rainbow slush on a hot summer day. Easy to make from frozen freezer pops.
- Reindeer Cupcakes
Adorable chocolate cupcakes decorated with candies, Nilla wafers and pretzels.
- Marshmallow Reindeer Pops
Coat a marshmallow with chocolate, add a cute red ribbon and a lollypop stick.
- Father's Day Candy Letter
Make a jumbo poster card for Dad following this model that substitutes candy bars for many of the words. Hilarious and sweet!
- Candy Witches Broomsticks Craft
Make a batch up witches broomsticks for the Trick or Treatsters using small peanut butter cups turned upside down with pretzel sticks inserted for the handles.
- Yummy Monster Face Decorated Cookies
Vampires, mummies, zombies, and Frankenstein - follow the simple steps and decorating tips to make monster cookie faces.
- Valentine Candy Crafts for Kids
Sweets for the sweet, and fun for kids, too. More than a dozen candy Valentine crafts plus lots of great card ideas kids of ages can craft.
- Chocolate Easter Surprise Eggs
I make things. Then I tell you how to make them too, minus the mistakes. And I collect links like they are going out of style. These chocolate shell treat filled eggs are molded inside real dyed egg shells.
Valentine Candy Bouquet - Easy candy craft for your Valentine
Step by stap instructions for making a sweetheart sucker Valentine bouquet candy craft.
Make Your Own Sweet Candy Craft Favors - Small But Sweet Candy Crafts for Showers and Weddings
Easy, sweet and darling candy craft favors you - yes you - can make.
- Coffee-Themed Wedding Favor - MonkeySee
This video will show how to make an expensive coffee-themed wedding favor.
- Jordan Almond Flower Bouquet
Thousands of professional-quality how-to videos by accomplished experts on every conceivable topic. See how the experts do it!
- Candy Kiss Champagne Glass
Candy kiss nestled in a paper rose, perched on a champagne glass.
- Lollipop Lilies for Valentines | Blissfully Domestic
Looking for a fun way to make and give Valentines this year? Try these fun Lollipop Lilies. Lollipop Lily Leaf Download the files, cut and assemble with a Tootsie Roll Pop or other candy sucker with a stick.
- How to Make Decorated Owl Cookies | Sweetopia
Sweet to decorate and tasty sweet treats to eat, owl decorated sugar cookies complete how to for you to make your own owl cookies.
Candy Craft Chocolate Molds
Create a variety of chocolate candies and lollipops with this set of 10 molds in 72 different designs. Includes alphabet letters, numbers, hearts, peanut butter cups, transportation, sports, celebration, snacks, fruit, and flowers.
Easter Carrot Candy Favors - Candy filled carrot shapes are cute and tasty
I made these cute carrot treats for my grandkids' Easter baskets. I filled the bags with Annie's Cheddar Bunnies and Pepperidge Farm Goldfish in their favorite flavors, and then used crepe paper to create the greens tassels.
Candy Decorated Picture Frame Craft
It's fun and easy for kids to make a candy-decorated picture frame.
All you need are colorful hard candies and candy decorations, Royal icing, a picture frame, mat or cardboard to make a frame base, and ribbon or yarn to hang up the finished candy picture frame.
CANDY PICTURE FRAME MATERIALS
- Clean Pre-made Picture Frame, Picture Mat or Recycled Cereal Box Cardboard, Recycled Corrugated, Foam Core to make a frame shape
- Small Hard Candies, unwrapped
- Cake Decorating Sprinkles
- Royal Icing Glue (recipe below)
- Ribbon or Yarn
- Clear Acrylic Spray Finish (optional)
If you aren't using a pre-made picture frame or framing mat, draw and cut out a frame from clean cardboard in any size and shape you like. Cut an opening in the center for the picture to show through.
Candy Picture Frame Directions
1. Cover work surfaces with wax paper. Tape wax paper down to prevent sliding.
2. Spread royal icing glue onto one surface of the frame border, then starting with larger size candy pieces, glue candies onto frame in whatever arrangement or pattern desired.
3. Continue around the remaining border sections, covering the frame completely with candy.
4. Use decorative candy sprinkles to fill in any blank spots, applying extra icing glue as needed.
5. Allow project to dry completely. (Royal icing dries to a very hard cement-like finish.)
6. Mount a picture to the frame from the back so it shows through the frame. Glue or tape securely to hold in place.
7. Attach a ribbon or yarn securely to back of frame near the top to create a hanger.
Spray the entire frame with clear spray finish to preserve and protect the frame.
Candy picture frames won't be edible if you spray clear acrylic on to preserve them, but they'll last a longer time and still look good enough to eat!
Free Candy Crafts Book Find many more creative candy crafts in this PDF booklet from the National Confectioners Association.
Chocolate Roses Bouquet - Easy to make, and so impressive!
Don't spend a fortune on a Long Stem Chocolate Rose Bouquet when you can easily make your own sweet bouquet. Get all the details on how to make a dozen or more long-stemmed chocolate roses for than what a single stem might cost at fancy candy and gift stores.
You'll need some Hershey kisses in your choice of flavor, bamboo BBQ skewers, red cellophane, green floral tape, and crepe paper or silk artificial leaves. Click to get the complete instructions for how to make long stem chocolate roses.
Candy Craft Supplies - 10 Essential Candy Crafting Tools
To create wonderful candy crafts, these accessories, flavorings and colors will come in handy.
Mini Cookie Snowman Pops - Easy to Make Candy Craft for Winter Treats
A cute snowman cookie pop treat made from all your favorites - mini chocolate sandwich cookies, M&M candies, frosting and jelly candies. Easy and fun - make these Mini Cookie Dipped Snowmen with the kids and see how long these snowmen last. They'll melt alright - in your mouth. Find this and many more wonderfully creative ideas in Edible Crafts at Craft Gossip!
How to Make A Candy Wreath - A Candy Wreath is a fun Shower or Party Favor
Make a candy wreath for any party or special occasion - not just for Christmas! Change up the colors and candy types to match your holiday or party color scheme.
Royal Icing Candy Glue
Edible "cement" for candy and cookie decorators
3 TBS. meringue powder
4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
4-6 TBS warm water
Beat all ingredients with mixer until icing forms peaks and thickens, starting with 4 TBS water and gradually adding more water by tablespoons to thin to workable consistency. Use less water if icing becomes too thick.
Makes about 3 cups.
Thanksgiving Cornucopia Candy Craft
The kids will enjoy making and eating these sweet Horns of Plenty Thanksgiving treats. Easy to make!
1 pkg sugar cone waffle-style ice cream cones
Jelly beans, candy pumpkin creams, nuts and other small edible treats
- Place royal icing in a shallow bowl or saucer large enough to use for dipping.
- Place candy sprinkles in a single layer on wax paper or a shallow saucer.
- Dip the open end of a sugar cone into the icing, then into the sprinkles. Set aside on cookie rack or wax paper to dry.
- When cornucopia cones are dry, fill each with an assortment of nuts, jelly beans and candy pumpkins or candy corn.
Kids Candy Craft Gingerbread House - Candy Land Comes to Life with This Sugar Coated Cookie House
Gingerbread house candy craft photo: kona99, Flickr
Creative Candy Crafts and Party Favors - Incredibly edible decorations and tiny sweet gifts made with candy or cookies or both
Ideas for easy candy crafts and edible bouquet gifts you can make.
- Candy bars with personalized wrappers
- Tiny tins of mints with custom labels
- Sucker tied up with a dried flower and ribbon
- Candy cane or lollipop attached to a card and balloon
- Cookie on a stick, decorated with tiny candies
- Teddy Bear Cookie wearing fruit roll "diapers"
- Sugar Cookie Hearts with Licorice Ribbon Lacing
- Candy covered picture frames
- Candy Sushi - just don't dip these delicacies into ginger sauce ...
- VIDEO: How to make a healthy Halloween party snack, a creative fruit witch made with pears, carrots and other good-for-you treats.
- Chocolate Dipped Decorated Peeps Who can resist a sweet marshmallow chick or bunny with a chocolate garnish for extra panache?
- Easy and elegant long stemmed chocolate roses have that WOW factor but here's the secret: they're really easy to make and cost way less than real roses or the chocolate roses in gift stores.
Rose Carved Vegetables
Edible craft gifts show that you're a creative and resourceful gift giver. They're a delight to the receive, and sweetly satisfying to the eye and the palate. What's your favorite sweet homemade gift to give or get?
© 2008 Lee Hansen