Candy Crush Brownies
Candy Crush Brownies are easy to make and a real treat for anyone who loves chocolate and peppermint together. This recipe is one of my husband's favorites and one he has enjoyed since he was a child. It's always extra nice to prepare a tasty recipe for your husband and it's a bonus when that dessert is also filled with sweet childhood Christmas memories as well.
One of the best gifts my mother-in-law ever gave me was a cookbook she personally made that was filled with all the favorite recipes she made often - the ones my husband grew up on.
This special Christmas brownie recipe was included in that heirloom cookbook as well as the centuries old family cookie recipe, which I also have shared in my lens, Great Grandmother's Christmas Cookies.
- 1 family-sized box chocolate brownie mix
- (or you can make your own brownie recipe)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 package fluffy white frosting mix (for a two-layer cake)
- Or one recipe of 7 Minute Frosting works too.
- Crushed Peppermint Candy Canes
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and add walnuts.
- Spread in greased 13 x 9 cake pan.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- While brownies are cooling, prepare frosting mix according to package directions.
- Spread entire brownie surface with frosting.
- Return iced brownies to oven and bake 10 more minutes.
- Now crush peppermint candy canes by placing them in a ziploc bag and hammering with a rolling pin or mallet.
- Before icing browns, remove brownies from oven and sprinkle with crushed candy.
- Cool and cut into bars.
Christmas Decorated Brownies
Candy to Crush for your Brownies!
Snowman plates to serve these "snow-topped" candy crush brownies.