- Food and Cooking
Canned Tomato Soup Recipe
Easy Tomato Soup Recipe
Looking for a good tomato soup recipe? Here's a simple tomato soup recipe that uses Campbell's Tomato Soup as the main ingredient.
The prep time is quick and the results are having a great tasting soup. This particular recipe is for 1-2 people, although it can be easily doubled or tripled. I also have some soup topping ideas along with suggestions as to what to serve with tomato soup.
If you have any great tomato soup recipe ideas, please leave them for me in the comment area. I love soup and I'm always looking for new recipes.
Image by mary_thompson at Flickr through Creative Commons licensing.
Simple Tomato Soup Recipe
I enjoy tomato soup and so do two of my kids. I use it in some of the homemade soups that I make. I like Campbell's, but I prefer a little more flavor than just the canned soup gives me if I just want a bowl of tomato soup.
I experimented around with what I could add to it to give it a richer, more seasoned flavor and finally came up with the recipe below that I'm sharing with you. I hope you like it!
Tomato soup picture by kevinmarch at Flickr through Creative Commons licensing.
- 1 can of Campbell's Tomato Soup
- 1 can of water
- 1 diced stalk of celery
- 1 Tbsp. of diced onion
- Sprinkle of Mrs. Dash Original Recipe
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- Dice the celery and onion and place into a blender. Start with a lower speed setting and as they become smaller, switch to a higher speed setting.
- Next, add the can of tomato soup, one can of water, Mrs. Dash and the garlic. Blend again so they all mix together.
- You're now ready to place it in a pot and heat it up on the stove.
- Image by adactio at Flickr through Creative Commons licensing.
Tomato Soup Tip
If you want something a little hardier, you can add some cooked rice to your soup.
Tomato Soup Toppings
A lot of people enjoy adding a topping to their tomato soup. Some popular toppings in my house include chopped scallions, shredded cheese, Parmesan cheese and seasoned croutons.
Other suggestions include sour cream, oyster crackers, fresh chopped cilantro and, (the kids are going to love this,) popcorn.
Image by kimi- at Flickr through Creative Commons licensing.
Do you like to add toppings to your soup?
Isn't this adorable? It looks great on the table and you're sure to get lots of compliments. Great conversation ice breaker.
What Goes With Tomato Soup?
Probably the most popular item to accompany tomato soup is a grilled cheese sandwich. A tuna salad sandwich is also recommended.
If you want bread, I suggest some garlic bread or French bread and butter. Of course, a fresh green salad is always nice to pair with tomato soup.
If you just feel like munching on something, try your favorite crackers. In my house that would be Ritz and Triscuits.
Salad image by Big Dubya via Getty Images at Flickr through Creative Commons licensing.
Simple Green Salad Recipe
- 1 Salad mix package
- 1 tomato
- Your favorite salad dressing
- Keeping this super easy, pour salad mix into a bowl. Slice up the tomato and add it. Right before serving, add croutons and toss. Serve salad dressing on the side.
- There are many variations you can make to this easy salad recipe. Add a bit of chopped green onions. Slice some fresh mushrooms to toss in. Include some pealed and sliced cucumbers.
- You might also enjoy some sliced carrots or radishes. Adding watercress is another idea, as well as Bacon Bits.
- Salad image by mosespreciado and uploaded to Flicr through Creative Commons licensing.
Quick and Easy Salad Recipes
This book has lots of simple salad recipes that are easy to prepare with lots of wonderful pictures so you know what the salads should look like. Amazon customers are very impressed.
What do you serve with tomato soup?
Velveeta Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices of bread
- Velveeta cheese
- Slice up Velveeta and place between 2 slices of bread. Place a tsp. of butter into a frying pan over medium heat. Put the sandwich in. It should only take a few minutes for the bread to become browned and the cheese to start melting.
- Add another tsp. of butter and flip the sandwich over. Continue to cook until the the bread is browned and the cheese has melted. Slice diagonally.
- Image by serenejournal and uploaded to Flicker through Creative Commons licensing.