Caprese pasta salad recipe
Caprese Pasta Salad Recipe is a great choice for those fresh tomatoes
As gardens come in, fresh tomatoes abound. This Caprese Pasta Salad Recipe is perfect for summer meals. Substituting red wine vinegar for the traditional balsamic vinegar gives it a light, tart taste. It's very easy to throw together in just minutes with only a few ingredients.
Photo credit: Barbie Crafts
This recipe is a little twist on traditional Caprese Salad. You can throw this pasta salad together in minutes, and it is so refreshing with the tart red wine vinegar. Any tomato will work, but pink German tomatoes are especially delicious in this recipe. A Caprese salad uses the soft ball of mozzarella labelled as Mozzarella Fresca, but if you have a liberal food budget, opt for buffallo mozzarella!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15-25 minutes
- One box bowtie pasta
- Around three medium tomatoes diced (German pinks are best!)
- Red wine vinegar
- One ball of Mozzarella fresca
- Olive Oil
- Two Tablespoons of dried minced onions
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- and pepper
- One Tablespoon of parsley flakes
- Two Tablespoons sugar
- Boil and drain the pasta.
- Dice the tomatoes.
- Cut the Mozzarella Fresca into small pieces.
- While the pasta is still slightly warm, add the cheese and tomatoes. Toss well.
- Dissolve the sugar in a few tablespoons of red wine vinegar and add to pasta.
- Add equal amount of olive oil.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Add more vinegar and oil to taste, being careful to balance the two ingredients well.
- Best eaten at or near room temperature.
Serve your salad on beautiful dishes - Presentation is everything!
Beautiful dishes add so much to a meal. Here are a few of my favorites.
Another delicious tomato recipe: Tomato preserves are one of my family's favorites
Tomato preserves recipe: So good on cheesy bread
This is one of my family's favorite tomato recipes. So good with fresh tomatoes instead of canned tomatoes. I just dice and then smash two medium/large tomatoes with a potato masher instead of a can of diced tomatoes. The simple addition of a tablespoon of olive oil, red wine vinegar, and a pack of Splenda make it wonderful!
You can find some great buys on cookware on Ebay
New cookware adds so much fun to dinnertime! Beautiful cookware goes straight from the stove to the table with style.
Thanks for taking time to visit!