- Food and Cooking
Caramel Corn Ice Cream Recipe!
Forget chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla and think outside the box with this buttery, sweet, and salty ice cream recipe! If you are like me you love caramel, whether it's salted, soft, or yes frozen I am a huge fan! Caramel popcorn is huge with my family, we have a secret recipe that is to die for. I wanted to really mix it up and take an old family tradition and put a new spin on it, using one of my favorite desserts, ice cream!
I am a sucker for easy recipes, and I am an advocate for having kids help in the kitchen, so this recipe is one of my favorites!
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Whole Milk +3 Tbsp
- 1 Cup Whole Corn Kernels
- 1 Tsp Butter Flavoring
- 1 Ttsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tsp Caramel Flavoring
- 1 Cup Caramel Candies (Soft)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- In a food processor place your corn kernels and 1 cup of whole milk, process until smooth.
- Using a fine strainer, strain your milk and corn mixture.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together your whipping cream, corn/milk mixture, flavorings, and sugar until sugar has fully dissolved.
- Place into your ice cream maker, and let run for 30 minutes, or follow the directions for your particular machine.
- While running in a microwave safe bowl place your caramel candies and 3 tbsp milk.
- Microwave, stopping every 30 seconds to stir until fully melted.
- Once ice cream is done gently fold in your caramel, making caramel ribbons.
- Once finished place into an air tight container.
- Place in freezer and allow ice cream to freeze for 1 hour before serving.
This is the ice cream maker that I use and I LOVE it! it has stood the test of times, and dozens of ice cream batches. Super easy to clean as well!