- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
I came up with this delicious Caramilk cookie recipe somewhat due to necessity. You see after Halloween, when all the candy goes on sale, I went out and bought a 110 piece bag of Caramilk bars. This was on top of all the chocolate bars that I already had on hand that were left over from the trick or treaters. Well next you know it was December and I still had some Caramilk bars left over.
So when I was going to bake my Grandma's Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe, I thought I would take the chance and try something different at the same time. So I set aside some of the cookie dough,before adding the chocolate chips.
Then I used the cookie dough to cover each of the Caramilk bar squares individually. I then baked them using the same temperature and amount of time as the other cookies that I was already baking.
What I ended up with was a fantastic new cookie recipe. These things were absolutely heavenly, a cookie that is filled with chocolate and caramel.
So now I will never be afraid to buy too many Caramilk bars for Halloween. With the way my family loved these, I don't think it will be possible to ever have too many ever again.
- 2 Cups of Shortening
- 1 1/2 Cups of Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 4 Cups of Sifted Flour (Monarch Cake & Pastry Flour)
- 40 Squares From a Caramilk Bar
- Cream the shortening, sugar and egg.
- Then add the salt, baking soda, and flour to it.
- Mix them together, this will give you the cookie dough base.
- Take a Caramilk square and cover it completely with some cookie dough.
- Roll it into a ball and place it onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake them for 10 minutes at 360 Degrees.
Cookie Recipe Book
I gave my sister this cookbook. She loves baking and Star Wars so this was a perfect combination.