Caribbean slow cooker lamb
Caribbean Lamb with only 15 minutes of prep time
Lamb is one of the most commonly used meat sources in the Caribbean. My take on a caribbean is classic takes only a small time to prepare. About 15 minutes
Now the first thing that you should know is that if you buy whole lamb legs at your local butcher or grocery butcher you can save money. You may save time by having them cut them into several smaller meat roast on each end, this will leave steaks for the middle sections.
One Secret For That Authentic Caribbean Flavor
The problem ingredient here is the tamarid concentrate. You might have to check several grocery stores or maybe just the one near you that has the best international section. I found it available near me, and I live in medium-size town in central Illinois
If you do not have it you can utilize a mixture of a tablespoon of lime juice and a teaspoon of Splenda. This will give the desired sweetness, but will be less authentically Caribbean tasting.
This cookbook is great! The recipes are easy for anyone to make no matter their experience in the kitchen. The recipes are great at providing some of the best the aromas and curries. This cookbook is a great edition to anyone looking to expand their typical recipes and flavors.
- Cook time: 8 hours
- Ready in: 8 hours
- Yields: 6
- 2 to 3 pounds of leg of lamb
- one half medium onion
- one half teaspoon minced garlic or you can have one clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon tamarind concentrate ( if you can't find it use my substitute described above)
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon of hot sauce preferably Caribbean style
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1. place the lamb in slow cooker.
- 2. Stir together the onion, garlic, tamarind sauce, mustard, tomatoes, and hot sauce, and then pour over lamb.
- 3. Set the cooker on low, allow a good eight hours. The slower the better.
- 4. (Optional) Before serving you may reduce or thicken sauce if desired. To do so, just drain the meat of all sauce and simmer sauce to reduce water content. Then simply pour sauce over meat when it is the desired consistency.
Caribbean Lamb - Because Your Using A Slower Cooker This Great For Parties!
Other Recipes and Articles Writen By The Author
Satay Curry Chicken Salad
I don't know about you but I love chicken Satay. I have made several version of it over the years, but this is the first salad I have made with it. There are...
Orange Lamb Burgers
The goal of this lenses is to give my readers or anyone searching online a healthy low carb recipe for burgers that they can make in 20 mins or less. If you...
Gluten Good or Bad?
After eating my typically 4th of July grilled meat smorgasbord with fruit, and the over abundance of carb high dishes. I want to write a post about a book ...
Breakfast Wraps A Healthy Way To Curb Hunger
For a unique breakfast wrap recipe that has no eggs in it (weird right? ;) ), try out this no killer breakfast wrap. This healthy breakfast recipe is gluten ...
How to grow HOT and SPICY Oregano
Hot & Spicy oregano offers the best of both worlds. It has the easy-growing traits of oregano with a slight heat of a mild chile. I often eat the leaves ...
If your like me and want to eat healthy as often as you can so you can save the bad days for special holidays, then this is a great recipe for you. I absolut...