Carrot Cake Recipes . . . Gone Wild!
Falling In Love With Carrot Cake
Carrot cakes have evolved over the past couple of decades. This once dense, bread-like, "health food-y" dessert . . . is now being expressed in a broad range of scrumptuous concoctions.
With the right carrot cake recipe, you can WOW friends and loved ones. And the best part is . . . they don't have to love carrots to LOVE carrot cake. This rich, moist, spice infused delectable can become a favorite of even the most finicky of cake eaters.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Here is my ode to carrot cake . . . a celebration of home-bakers who share their (classic to unique) carrot cake recipes as well as some mouth-watering food photography . . . Enjoy!
What Is Carrot Cake? - Defining this delectable ...
Photo used under Creative Commons from: HeatherHeatherHeather, on Flickr
Carrot cake . . . consists of grated carrot mixed with batter. The carrot softens in the cooking process, and the cake usually has a soft, dense texture. The carrots themselves enhance the flavour, texture and appearance of the cake.~ Wikipedia
Freshly Baked Carrot Cake Layer
Photo used under Creative Commons from: SisterMaryEris, on Flickr
Carrot Cake Recipe Ideas
Applesauce Carrot Cake Recipe
Photo used under Creative Commons from: sleepyneko, on Flickr
Applesauce adds moisture to this carrot cake.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups applesauce
- 3/4 cups shredded raw carrots
- 3 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups unsifted whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons allspice
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in granulated and brown sugars. Beat in eggs.
- Measure all-purpose and whole wheat flour into a bowl; add baking soda and spices and stir to blend. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with applesauce and carrots. Fold in walnuts and raisins.
- Spoon batter into to a greased and floured bundt cake pan. Bake in a preheated 350Â° oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes. Cool in pan for 5 minutes; tap to loosen and unmold on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar or drizzle with a glaze before serving.
Recipe courtesy of: Southernfood/About.com
Carrot Cake Cupcakes - Carrot Cake In A Fun Form!
Photo used under Creative Commons from: Mr. T in DC, on Flickr
Ginger-Orange Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Photo used under Creative Commons from: cbcastro, on Flickr
Here are several renditions of this carrot cake with a "Kick" . . .
- Carrot Ginger Layer Cake With Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
Recipe from CookEatShare
- Ginger-Orange Carrot Cake with Orange-Cream Cheese Frosting
Another recipe . . . this one from Recipebridge
- Carrot-Orange Cake
Find the recipe at Epicurious.com
- Carrot Ginger Layer Cake with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe.
Get Martha Stewart's version of this zesty carot cake
- Ginger-Orange Carrot Cake with Citrus Cream Cheese Frosting
From Duncan Hines, a recipe using cake mix which is infused with orange citrus and spicy crystallized ginger.
Carrot-Parsnip Spice Muffin Tops
Pineapple Carrot Raisin Spice Cakes
Chocolate Carrot Cake
Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies
Carrot Cake Truffles
Photo used under Creative Commons from: JillOW, on Flickr
And Finally . . . Carrot Cake Ice Cream
Photo used under Creative Commons from: joyosity, on Flickr
Wanna Know How To Make Carrot Cake Ice Cream?
- Carrot Cake Ice Cream Recipe
My wife likes carrot cake. I like ice cream. So I combined the two to make everyone happy. This is not ice cream that has bits of carrot cake in it. It's ice cream that tastes like carrot cake.
- "Scrap" Carrot Cake Ice Cream
Scraps of carrot cake ... made into ice cream
- Carrot Cake Ice Cream - LA Times.com
David Lebovitz shows you how to play with your food ...
- Vegan and Dairy-Free Carrot Cake Ice Cream Recipe
This dairy-free carrot cake ice cream recipe was a contest winner! It's naturally gluten-free and vegan, and can be whipped up in minutes.
- Carrot Cake Ice Cream Recipe - Food.com
"Carrot cake is one of the best cake flavours...well at least after chocolate. :) I took my love for carrot cake and my love for ice cream to create the perfect combo..."