- Food and Cooking»
- Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
Carrot Walnut Soup
Carrot Walnut Soup With A Hint Of Ginger
Fresh carrots and walnuts make a this great seasonal soup. This carrot soup is so easy to make; loaded with nutrition; and packed with taste.
It's creamy with a little texture and makes a hearty everyday soup. Don't relegate it to an every day meal, it's rich creaminess from the walnuts makes it fancy enough for a company dish.
Unlike many other cream soups, there is no cream in it, which makes it a heart healthy choice.
Nice Healthy Carrots Are The Main Ingredient Of This Soup
A 1/2 cup (64g) of carrots contains:
214% of the daily requirement in Vitamin A and 6% Vitamin C
That would be the amount in 1/3 of this recipe (1 serving)
Check it out here
Carrot Walnut Soup
This soup has super healthy ingredients -- carrots for Vitamin A, and walnuts for Omega-3's.
This makes 2 hefty portions or 3 appetizer size portions.
- 5 average size carrots cut --(about 1-1/2 cups
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup water (plus a little for cooking)
- 1 cup almond milk (or soy
- hemp or regular milk)
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 Tablespoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place walnuts in a cup of water and set aside for an hour.
- Place sliced carrots in a pot and cover with a little water. Simmer on low for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and be sure an keep covered. The carrots continue to soften covered. Let cool.
- Once the walnuts have soaked in water an hour put them and the cooled carrots in a blender or food processor. Blend until a smoother but still coarse. Little bits of walnuts and carrots should still be visible.
- Remove from blender and place in saucepan. Heat on low while adding the almond milk, and the rest of the ingredients.
- When hot, serve.
Ounce to Gram Conversion
1 cup = 8 ounces
© 2012 Ellen Gregory