- Food and Cooking
Caraway Celery Soup (Vegan, Gluten Free)
A Vegan, Gluten Free Alternative To French Onion Soup!
This hits the spot just like onion soup with fewer fat, carbs and calories! Shallots and scallions accompany the main ingredient which is celery. You can also use onions if you don't want to stray too far from the original recipe. Caraway seeds are the top flavor and also add some texture to the vegetable broth. Additionally, sunflower seeds can add some crunch when added right before serving this dish instead of croutons. Finish the dish by sprinkling some nutritional yeast flakes to add another layer of cheesy comfort food goodness and enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot
- 5 scallions
- 2 celery stocks
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teapoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast flakes with B12
- Chop and sautee veggies in olive oil.
- Add the rest of ingredients except for yeast flakes and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle yeast flakes on top for a nice cheesy finish.
- FYI...sunflower seeds add a nice crunch as a topper.
This Is How It's Done! XO
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.