Quick and Easy Family Meals & Dinner Recipes (Save Money)
5 nutritious family meals on a budget
Feed the family Family good food on a budget. This page will show you how save money on your grocery bill, serving cheap family meals, without giving up nutrition or quality, and still feed your family great meals. We have all noticed how expensive our weekly family shopping is becoming? So we are looking for ideas to help us save money in our household. Quick and easy dinner recipes:
How about 5 home cooked family meals for 20 Sound too good to be true?
I feel it is important to make a good wholesome and nutritious dinner every night, my family enjoy these recipes and are always full after eating.
I was taught to cook from a young age, and my daughter loves nothing better than helping me out, most of the dishes are so easy and taste devine
But more importantly as the cost of living increases we are looking for ways to help us save money on our grocery bills and more ways to feed the family cheaply and still having a filling nutritious dinner.
The essential Dinners Made Easy eBook
this is the kindle edition, I downloaded it to my note book and printed out the individual ideas to make Dinners for the family easy.
Quick and Easy Dinners: Essential Shopping list
for weekly budget family meals
I set myself a challenge, to feed the family for less for 5 days good filling, family meals. Having such a tight budget meant I had to get creative, however I think I managed it quite nicely.
You can copy these recipes too
Here is my Shopping list
Basic potatoes - 2.5kg
Carrots loose - 620g
Basics Broccoli - 300g
3 loose onions
courgette (medium sized)
mushrooms (loose 500g)
half fat creme fresh
Basic mozzarella 125g
2x 10" pizza bases
smoked salmon (trimmings 250g)
chicken thigh fillets 325g
lean steak mince meat 700g
(from the Deli counter ) Danish salami 75g
(tin) tomatoes 400g
(tin plum tomatoes
basics kidney beans 420g
pasta (fusilli or similar) 500g
Thai green curry sauce (500g)
easy cook rice (500g)
mild chili powder
Â£19.50 (as at time of publishing, using a well known supermarket own brand)
Quick and Easy Dinners need good Pyrex bakeware - kitchen essentials for great family meals
An essential for your kitchen to make lovely home cooked family meals, in no time.
***This is by far our Favourite meal!***
- Preheat oven to 400Â°F (204Â°C)
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 Ib minced meat
- Tbs. (8 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (235 ml) beef broth
- 1 pinch of salt (to season)
- 1 pinch of ground pepper (to season)
- 1 -3/4 lb. (800 g) mashed potatoes
- Peel and dice your potatoes place on the cooker in a pan of boiling water and leave to cook.
- Put vegetables into a pan with some oil and place over heat to soften.
- In another pan, place the meat and rest of oil on the heat to brown, when the mince is browned, drain off the excess oil.
- Add the flour /broth /salt and pepper (you could add some Thyme or rosemary if you want for extra seasoning if you like this)
- Stir continuously until this thickens and has no lumps left.
- Pour this into a square glass/ ovenproof dish, and leave to cool.
- Drain and Mash your potatoes, add some milk and butter to soften them.
- Start spooning the potato on to the minced meat
- Top Tip: if you start at the edges and slowly add the mashed potatoes working your way into the centre your Mashed potatoes will not sink! drag a fork over the potatoes to create spikes (kids love this bit!)
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes and serve
- Photo copyright @LisaAuch
Dinners made quick and easy- Thai green Chicken Curry with Rice - Tuesday nights Dinner ideas
- Chicken thigh fillets 325g
- I medium onion (chopped finely)
- 1 medium broccoli (cut into small pieces)
- 1 jar premade Thia Green curry Sauce
- 1 medium carrot (sliced or diced)
- Easy cook rice (use individual guidelines for however many people)
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Brown the onion in the pan, Reduce the heat slightly and stir in the chicken pieces Add the green curry sauce and cook over a fairly high heat for about a minute, continue cooking on the heat for 25-30 minutes until thickened slightly, and Chicken is cooked through.
- Top Tip: for perfect cooked veg: separately boil and cook carrots and broccoli or if you have a steamer even better. Leave until cooked through or until preference and add to chicken dish just before serving
Dinners Made Easy - Salmon & courgette pasta - Wednesday night dinner
- 250 g pasta
- 200 g salmon fillets (frozen or fresh)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 200 ml cream fraishe
- 1 medium sized courgette
- 100 ml white wine
- 1 lemon
- Boil pasta in enough water, add olive oil to the water. leave to cook.
- using a seperate pan- fry salmon in small pot, when it starts getting color, add wine and courgettes cut in blocks. Let it simmersimmer.
- When the courgette are not yet be al dente (cooked enough to be firm but not soft), add creme fraishe. Keep stirring until all hot and courgette al dente. Season with white pepper, salt and lemon juice.
- Drain pasta and add to the cooked salmon
Dinners made easy - Chilli con carnne - Thursday night Dinner
- 400 g/14Â¼oz minced beef
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- finely chopped
- 1 carrot
- finely chopped
- 1 heaped tbsp tomato puree
- 400 g/14Â¼oz can chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400g/14Â¼oz can kidney beans
- 1 heaped teaspoon chili powder (add as much to personal taste)
- rice to serve
- Boil rice in Pan.
- Heat the oil and vegetable until soft. in a Pan, add in the mince meat and chili powder until browned.
- Add the tomato puree stirring for 3 minutes
- add the chopped tomatoes and simmer for 35 minutes, adding water if the mixture begins to dry out.
- Stir in the kidney beans (you can add some coriander here if you like) and cook for a further five minutes.
- Serve generous portions of chili with cooked rice
Dinners made Easy - 2 family sized Pizzas with Optional pizza toppings. - Friday night dinners
- 2 medium sized pizza bases (2 x 10")
- tomato puree (enough to cover pizza base)
- 75 grams of Salami
- 200 grams of mushrooms
- mozzarella finely grated
- Be creative with your favourite toppings
- This is a great job for the kids to help out and can put their own favourite toppings on the Pizzas making Friday night Dinners a fun time to celebrate the weekend.
- Follow cooking instruction on the label (usually around 20 -30 minutes) in oven.
cooking essentials for the kitchen - Cookware online
Having a good cookware set is great to have around the kitchen shop here for Full selection of Cookware online
Step by Step photos tutorial to make the prefect vegetable soup, Just like Moms Delicious homemade vegetable soup recipes with . If you are looking for an Easy to make homemade vegetable soup then here it is!