Cheese Appetizer Recipes
Do you love cheese and especially bite size morsels of goodness called appetizers? I have combined these two and listed the best cheese appetizers for any party, family get-together, pot luck or occasion.
To begin a meal, have as a snack or party fare, cheese appetizers are both versatile and delicious. This collection of easy recipes also features tips and accessories for preparing and serving cheese appetizers. And just for fun, check out our poll and leave a note or suggestion in our guestbook
Image Credit: Flickr/Creative Commons
- 1 garlic clove cut in half
- 1 cup white wine (dry)
- 1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. kirsch
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups grated gruyere cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated swiss cheese
- Assorted dippers
- Rub the inside of a 2 qt. saucepan with garlic.
- Discard garlic. A
- dd wine and worcestershire sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Combine kirsch and cornstarch, set aside.
- Over low heat, add cheeses to pot, stirring constantly until mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Add cornstarch mixture and continue stirring for about 5 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- Transfer to fondue pot to keep warm.
- Serve with dippers such as bread cubes, cooked meats and raw vegetables.
A Must Have: Non-Stick Fondue Pot
Fondue pots are fun for parties, social events and just plain ol' having the family over to visit. This generous 3 qt fondue pot is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
Just for fun!
What is your favorite variety of cheese?
Age is not important unless
you're a cheese
Spicy Crab Nachos - EASY!
Try a different cheese for fun!
- 12 oz refrigerated or imitation crabmeat
- 12 oz. shredded monterey jack cheese
- 6 oz diced roasted red pepper
- tortilla chips
- Old Bay seasoning
Prep Time: 10
Total Time: 20
- Spread tortilla chips on a large greased baking sheet. Top with crabmeat, cheese and roasted red pepper. Sprinkle with Old Bay seasoning. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
"Elegant and Easy"
An assortment of delicious gourmet cheeses served on a beautiful platter will make a memorable presentation!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 6-8 hours (overnight)
Bacon and Green Onion Cheese Ball
- 2 pkgs. cream cheese softened
- 2 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. bacon fried and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tbls. worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Mix cream cheese and shredded cheddar until combined. Add bacon, onion and worcerstershre. Shape into a ball and roll in walnuts. Refrigerate overnight. Serve with assorted crackers.
Cheese Ball Recipes
The country that consumes
the most cheese is Greece.
Did you know that.....
the United States is the
world's largest producer
Easy Pastry Wrapped Brie with Fruit - Only four ingredients!
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed
- 8 oz Brie cheese
- 1/2 cup fruit preserves
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place puff pastry on a large non-stick cookie sheet. Remove rind (if desired) and place Brie in center. Spread fruit preserves over top of Brie. Fold the puff pastry over top of cheese and preserves, trimming excess. Seal pastry edges. Brush pastry with beaten egg. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until brown. Let cool 15 minutes before serving.
- Photo Credit: PrintShop ProPublisher
Stylish Brie Baker
- Brie is creamy and delicious served at room temperature.
- The rind of Brie is edible, tasty and does not need to be removed.
- Try Brie on a grilled sandwich or in an omelet.
- Brie wrapped in pastry can be made 3-4 hours in advance. Wrap in plastic wrap until ready to bake.