Cheese For Every Meal
Cheese Recipes for Every Meal
Growing up in the dairy state, Wisconsin back then, meant that cheese was bountiful. On our trips up north, we would stop at the cheese factories along the way and try different varieties. One of my favorites was a chocolate cheese. It tasted just like fudge. I haven't been quite as daring to try it again as an adult but I'm sure it's just as good as I remember.
Since I love cheese so much, a lot of my cooking involves the different kinds that are available. Muenster, cheddar, and string cheese are my biggest favorites but there's many more that I enjoy.
I Love Cheese... Do You?
Are you a cheese lover?
I always have to make at least 2 of these because everyone enjoys them so much and the frozen pie crusts come in packs of two anyway. If you would just like to make one, cut this recipe in half so you don't have quite so much if you don't need it. One of the things I like about quiche though is that it makes really good leftovers. It tastes great right out of the refrigerator or warmed up in the microwave.
- 14 Eggs
- 12 oz Whipping Cream
- Package of bacon
- 2 Pack of Frozen Deep Dish Pie Crusts
- 8 oz Package of Shredded Cheddear Cheese
- 8 oz Package of Shredded Mozzarella
- Optional Ingredients:
- Black Olives
- Red Peppers
- For a basic breakfast quiche, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, whisk the eggs and whipping cream together. Next, layer the bottom of the pie crusts with the shredded cheddar cheese. Crumble the cooked bacon on top of the cheese. Pour the egg mixture on top of the cheese and bacon filling the pie crusts up a little more than 3/4 of the way. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella on top of the egg mixture. Put in the preheated oven and cook for 45 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes and then serve warm.
- If you would like to add the other optional ingredients, add them to the crust before pouring the egg mixture over the top.
The Ultimate Comfort Food - Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Grilled cheese sandwiches can be extra special fare. They are good any time of day and with a variety of different foods. Here's some of my favorite ways to enjoy them.
- Tomato Soup - An all-time favorite. Classic combination. It tastes delicious when you dunk the sandwich into the soup. Not sure about the combination? It's almost like tomato sauce and pasta. Of course they go together!
- Bacon - This is a fairly new idea but I'm pretty sure you'll be seeing more of this one around. Either on the sandwich or on the side, they're great together. the cafeteria at work owed me some bacon so I told them to throw it on my grilled cheese sandwich. I loved it! Turned out they went great together.
- Apple slices - Cheddar and apple slices seem to be a tasty favorite of many. You'll find this one at some trendy restaurants. Granny Smith apples and sharp cheddar cheese work great for this idea.
- Ham and Onions with Muenster Cheese - These three ingredients make a perfect sandwich. Throw in a little spinach for an even bigger taste explosion. Extra yummy in my opinion.
Golden Nugget Soup - Perfect for Lunch or Cooking Over a Campfire
This is a super fun and easy recipe that my daughter and I learned at Girl Scouts camp many years ago. It was so good that we've continued to make it over the years.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 - 45 minutes
Serves: 2 - 3
- 1 can of condensed Tomato Soup
- 8 oz package of Cheddar Cheese Cubes
- 1 can of refrigerated biscuit dough
- Prepare the tomato soup as directed on the can but don't boil it. Let it warm up on a low temperature while you are assembling the "nuggets". Take the refrigerated biscuit dough and rip each one into four pieces. Take a cube of cheese and shape the dough around it. Plop the nugget into the tomato soup. Once you've added all of the nuggets to the soup, turn the temperature up to medium-high and cook until the nuggets are no longer doughy, about 10 - 15 minutes.
If you want to know how to make your own cheese or make a cheesy recipe, these cookbooks are for you!
If you love fondue, this is the book for you! My favorite thing to fondue is cheese. Some people like chocolate but I'd take cheese over chocolate any time. So many things are delicious in fondue. For the basic cheese, anything goes.. apples, bread, carrots, celery and chips are just a few favorites. Specialized cheeses are good with special dipping foods. For example, fiesta cheese is great with tortilla chips.
Mac and Cheese or Grilled Cheese Sandwiches??
Which do you like better?
Mac 'n Cheese - A Favorite for Many!
Learn new ways of making the old standby.. Mac and Cheese. Add new and unique ingredients to give this favorite a new taste. A different kind of meal every night. If you've been to the restaurant, you probably already have a favorite and hopefully the recipe is in this cookbook. If you haven't, you're sure to find one in this book. Or simply start with the recipe and try ways to make it your own.
My Simple Lasagna
Lasagna can be a time consuming dish to prepare but with this recipe, it's a snap. There's also loads of cheese in it which is probably why I love it so much!
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 24 - 32 oz of shredded cheddar cheese
- 16 oz cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 32 oz jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup of chopped onions
- Garlic salt
- 1 box of ready to bake lasagna noodles
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Brown the ground beef and add the chopped onions. Add a dash of garlic salt. Pour in the spaghetti sauce and let simmer.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs, 1 lb of the shredded cheese, and the cottage cheese.
- In a 9" x 13" pan, cover the bottom with the lasagna noodles. Do not let them overlap. It's okay if there's a little space between them. Next add some of the cheese mixture and spread it over the noodles. Add some of the meat sauce over that and spread as evenly as you can making sure to cover the noodles. Add another layer of lasagna noodles, then cheese mixture, then meat sauce. Continue until you've used up the cheese mixture and you have the final few noodles left. Put them on the top and cover with sauce. Completely cover the entire top with cheese.
- Cover with foil and cook for 45 minutes at 375 degrees. Take the foil off and cook for another 15 minutes or until the top starts to brown.
For Dessert.. - Cheesecake Of Course!
This strawberry caramel cheesecake looks delicious but I'd have to say that peanut butter cup cheesecake is my favorite! Other favorites are Vanilla Bean, White Raspberry, and Turtle.
Cheese Toast - Blueberry Cheese Makes This Unique
I've been making cheese toast since I was a kid. Always filling and always satisfying. I decided to try it with this blueberry farmers cheese and it turned out great! A little sweetness and a lot of yum! Perfect for breakfast.... Yummy!
Cheese Gift Baskets
A basket full of cheese makes a great gift for someone. A few crackers and different blocks of cheese will make them hapy.
You don't have to buy a pre-made basket. You can make your own! Many grocery stores have special fancy cheese sections where you can find all different kinds of cheese. Pick out your favorite crackers and add some spreadable cheese to the basket.
Beer and Cheese Pretzel Dip
I have a new favorite cheese appetizer that I would love to share with you! It's beer pretzel dip. It's so simple and cheesy that it's quickly become my go to thing to make when I'm in a hurry. All that's in it is 2 - 8 oz packs of cream cheese, ranch dip dressing mix, shredded cheddar cheese, and a half can of beer. Mix all of those ingredients together with a mixer and voila! delicious dip! Serve with pretzels.