- Food and Cooking
Cheesecake Recipes . . . Gone Wild!
Ahhh, Cheesecake . . .
Philly-Style . . . New York Style . . . Country-Style and every cheesecake style in between . . . If you're a cheesecake lover like me, you'll appreciate this collection of extraordinary cheesecake recipes.
From "mild" to "wild" you'll find inspirations for cheesecake concoctions that will curl your toes!
Raspberry White Chocolate Cheesecake
Brief History of Cheesecake
Where Did This Delectable Dessert Come From?
"Cheesecake is a food rich in history, culture, tradition and ceremony. It is not the invention of a single person but a result of culinary evolution. The origins of cheesecake are grounded in ancient agricultural practice, tempered by local resources, and tweaked by technological advancement.
In short, cheesecake is a perfectly good example of the dedicated human quest for good tasting food. Cheeseless cheesecakes (sweet, rich custard pies) began to appear in English cookbooks in the 17th century. Chess pie, a popular Southern American favorite, is descended from these."
More extensive information on the origins of cheesecake can be found here.
Love Cheesecake . . . or Not?
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cinnamon Cheesecake
Demo: Step-By Step Simple Cheesecake - Like Dyann . . . You Can Make An Amazing Cheesecake!
Cheesecake-lets (or . . .Cupcakes)
Photo used under Creative Commons from: LittleMissCupcakeParis, on Flickr
- 24 oz softened Cream cheese
- 2 cups Vanilla Wafer crumbs
- 1/3 cup melted Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 1 cup Irish cream liqueur
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 cup grated white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the cookie crumbs and butter in a medium-size bowl. Press on the bottom of a 9-inch spring-form pan. Bake crust in oven for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Cream together the cream cheese and sugar. Beat in the eggs, flour, liqueur and vanilla until smooth. Pour mixture over crust and bake for 40 minutes.
- Turn off oven. Leave cake in for another 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- After cheesecake has cooled, sprinkle white chocolate on top. Refrigerate overnight.
Did You Know?
July 30th of every year is
National Cheesecake Day
Demo: How It's Made . . . Cheesecake, That Is! - See How One Cheesecake Bakery Consistently Churns Out A Variety of Delicious Gourmet Cheesecakes Each and Every
Mild . . . to Wild Cheesecake Recipes
Mini Lemon Cheesecake Squares with Raspberries
Photo used under Creative Commons from: megan.chromik, on Flickr
More Cheesecake Recipes - . . . You Might Want To Try
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Recipe
Cheesecake recipe from Paula Deen.
- Mango Cheesecake with Basil Lemon Syrup Recipe
Mango Cheesecake recipe from Giada De Laurentiis.
- Freeform Cheesecake Poured over Fresh Fruit Recipe
Try this Freeform cheesecake recipe from Michael Chiarello.
Berry Lemon Cheesecake Trifle
Frozen Cheesecake Pops - Wow!
Cheesecakes of the Savory Kind
Bacon Stilton Cheesecake - Photo used under Creative Commons from: LexnGer, on Flickr
Savory Cheesecake Recipes