Cherry Banana Bread
A Yummy Twist on a Moist Banana Bread Recipe
I love to make moist banana bread! Honestly I love to eat banana bread. I am always looking for a great banana bread recipe. And since I have a sour cherry tree, I am always on the lookout for a yummy recipe that uses sour cherries too. This year I hit the jackpot with this delicious cherry banana bread recipe. It was a new twist on traditional banana bread, and I could use fresh, homegrown cherries. It was so good, I just had to share it with all my fellow squids on Squidoo!
What is your favorite quick bread?
What kind of quick bread is your favorite?
If you make any kind of bread, you need a great loaf pan!
I love baking in stoneware! This stoneware bread pan makes your bread moist and almost impossible to burn on the bottom. As you use your stoneware, it seasons itself and becomes almost like a non-stick pan. This loaf pan is so versatile, you can make quick breads, yeast breads or even meatloaf in it. Try baking in a stoneware loaf pan today, you won't be sorry!
Bananas are good for you! - Benefits of eating bananas
- Bananas are high in potassium and low in sodium so they are a perfect natural defense for high blood pressure.
- banans are full of fiber (great to keep your colon clean!)
- Bananas contain tryptophan which is a protein that your body converts to seratonin. Seratonin helps you relax and can improve your mood.
- Bananas have a naturally occurring antacid effect in the body.
- Bananas contain vitamin B6 which helps regulate blood sugar levels.
- The inside of a banana skin can be used to reduce swelling and irritation of an insect bite.
- The B6 and B12 as well as the magnesium and potassium in bananas can help the body recover from the effects of nicotine withdrawal.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 stick margarine or butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1 cup drained
- pitted & chopped sour cherries
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- Cream sugar and margarine together. Add eggs, cherries and bananas. Mix dry ingredients together in another bowl then add them to first mixture. Bake in two greased loaf pans at 350Âº F for 45 minutes or until toothpick co0mes out clean.
Cherries are good for you too! - Health benefits of eating cherries
- Cherries are packed with powerful antioxidants which help fight cancer and heart disease.
- Cherries are the only natural source of Melatonin which is essential for proper immune function.
- Cherries and cherry juice can be used to treat gout and other forms of arthritis.
- Research indicates that the red pigment in cherries helps to reduce inflammation and pain.
- The cherry fruit is low in fat and high in water content and can be beneficial in a weight loss program.