Chettinad Pepper Chicken Recipe.
I am going to introduce you a memorable mouth watering recipe of South India.
Besides its rich, spicy recipes, it reminds us that unique style of yummy recipes such as Chicken masala, Chicken curry, and Mutton fry, Rassam, Sambar and Vada etc.
Now Chettinad recipes are extremely famous here and all parts of the world as well for their vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. Here is one of the widely popular Chettinad recipes for your recipe collection.
Chettinad Pepper Chicken
- Prep time: 40 min
- Cook time: 50 min
- Ready in: 1 hour 30 min
- Yields: 10
- Ingredients for Chettinad pepper Chicken:
- 1 kg Chicken (cut in to pieces)
- 4 Onion (Big in size and thinly sliced)
- 4 Tomatoes ( finely chopped)
- 4 tblsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2 tblsp Lemon juice
- 1 Â½ tblsp Red Chili powder
- 1 tablsp Coriander powder
- 4 tblsp Crushed pepper
- Salt to Taste
- For seasoning:
- 5 sticks Cinnamon
- 1 teasp turmeric powder
- 8 nos. Cardamom
- 8 nos. Clove
- Some Bay leaf
- 1 Â½ teasp Fennel seeds
- Few Curry leaf
- 2 tablsp Oil.
- Take Chicken pieces in a bowl and add 2 tblsp chilli powder, 1 teasp turmeric powder, 2 tblsp ginger garlic paste and half quantity of salt, mix them well and keep aside for marinate for 45 minutes.
- Heat 2 table spoon of cooking oil in a fry -pan and add Cinnamon, Cardamom, Clove, fennel seeds and Curry leave one by one.
- After few minutes, add the thinly sliced onion and fry till it becomes golden brown.
- Then add 2 tblsp ginger garlic pastes. Stir continuously so that the mixer doesn’t get burnt.
- Now add the thinly sliced tomato pieces and try to smash them into a paste.
- Now add the coriander powder and add Â¼ cup of water into the paste.
- Bring down the flame into medium and let the paste get cooked for few minutes.
- When you can see the oil on the cooked pasta, at this stage add the marinated chicken pieces.
- Check there will be enough water to get cooked. Add the remaining salt and close the pan.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes in medium flame.
- Once the chicken is well cooked add the pepper powder and stir well.
- Close the flame; add the lemon juice.
- Your Chettinad Pepper Chicken is ready, Garnish with coriander leaves.
I have been using rice cookers for more than 15 years; amazingly, this is the wonderful rice cooker I have ever used. For our extra comfortable, this Aroma rice cooker arrives with a delay timer. It is quite worth to buy this ARC-150SB Digital rice cooker.
Pepper Chicken Chettinad - Vid
Whether you're frying Veg or non-veg items, this T-fal E9389784 fryer gets the job done. Outer part of this pro-nonstick saute pan is fully covered with high quality hard enamel. So it is easy to clean and stains resistant. The tempered glass cover is sturdy better than a metal lid. In my personal experience, I am so glad for owned this non stick fry pan.