Chicken With Asparagus and Broccoli Pasta Salad
Serve This Chicken Pasta Salad Hot
The following recipe I picked up at my local grocery store, however I have changed and added many of the ingredients to suit my families likes. I've also increased it in size to feed a family of six or more.
I've used fresh cooked boneless chicken breasts but I am sure it would be just as tasty with leftover chicken.
All pictures used in this lens are the property of the author Susan Zutautas unless otherwise stated. If you would like to borrow them, please get permission in writing from the author first.
Serving Platters - Make your creations look fabulous
Don't have the perfect bowl for your dish? Why not try using a platter instead. Many times they will hold more than your serving bowls and make it easier to serve.
During the warmer months when you don't want to put your oven on, this is a great dish to prepare. You can cook your chicken early in the morning, and then combine everything else when you are ready to make your meal.
The perfect side dish for your next outdoor BBQ. The recipe can be easily cut in half.
- 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and sliced
- 18 cups of water
- 500 grams of uncooked pasta of your choice. I used large shells
- 1 pound of asparagus cut into 3 sections
- 3 cups of broccoli florets cut into pieces
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2 Portobello mushrooms sliced and cut again into 3 pieces each
- 4 TBS. of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 TBS. of red wine vinegar
- 1 -1 1/2 cups of your favorite salsa
- Salt and pepper to taste. I let everyone season their own dish.
- Cook your chicken breasts until done, slice, and refrigerate once cool until ready to use. If you are making this dish right away keep the chicken covered and warm.
- In a large pot or a pasta pot add 18 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- While waiting for the water to boil prepare the asparagus, broccoli, garlic, green onions, and mushrooms.
- Once the water is boiled add the pasta and cook for 6 minutes.
- To the pot add the prepared asparagus, broccoli, garlic, and green onions.
- Turn the heat down to medium high and continue to cook until the asparagus is fork tender about six minutes.
- Drain the contents of the pot and put it all into a very large bowl.
- Add the chicken and mushrooms. Toss gently.
- Whisk together the oil and red wine vinegar, and pour it over the contents in the bowl. Stir everything really well.
- Add the salsa and stir again.
- Serve and ENJOY!
Photo Tutorial on How to Make Chicken Asparagus Broccoli PastaClick thumbnail to view full-size
Serve on a Platter or Individual Dishes or Plates
Salads by Susan Zutautas - That You May Enjoy
Salads are made around my house pretty much on a daily basis. The following links are some of my many salad recipes.
© 2014 Susan Zutautas