11 of the Best White Chicken Chili Recipes
11 of the Best Easy White Chicken Chili Recipes and Video Directions
Chicken is a good alternative to ground beef and this is a great tasting White Chicken Chili Recipe.
This White Chicken Chili can be cooked for a quick dinner dish! Easy to make and could also be made in a crock pot. You will love this recipe for White Chicken Chili. Check out the recipe videos to learn even easier White Chicken Chili recipes to fix!
I hope you enjoy the great taste of this White Chicken Chili Recipe. Let us know what you thought of this chili and pass this recipe on to your friends!
CHICKEN AND CHILI?
Growing up, I didn't get chili very often. I started eating it more as I got older. I never thought about chicken and chili as a combination but as people become more health-conscious, chicken is becoming embraced as a substitute for many things. Ground chicken and chili doesn't stray very far off the beef taste scale and many of you may never know the difference. This version is one of my favorites! ENJOY! I hope you enjoy this website - Please comment below and tell me you like this recipe!
Photo Citation: Author
A delicious new type of chili, this recipe should be a new family favorite! This chili can be served with tortilla strips or chips and you can just dip the chips in the chili to eat it if you want. Also can be topped with cheese of any kind and sour cream!I have served this and never fail to give out the recipe to those who request it!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Prep + 30 - 35 Minutes Cooking
Total Time: 40 - 45 Minutes
Serves: 6 - 8
- (4) or more chicken breasts - boneless and skinless & cut into approximately 1 inch pieces
- (1) small can (approximately 2-4 ounces) chilies - diced green
- (3) cans of beans - great northern
- (1) large can (approximately 14 ounces) - chicken broth
- (1/2) stick butter - real butter makes the difference!
- (1/4) cup of flour
- (2) teaspoons of oregano
- (2) teaspoons of ground cumin
- (1/2) teaspoon of parsley flakes
- (1) teaspoon of fresh minced garlic
- (1/2) teaspoon of white pepper
- Cheese - Pepper-jack is preferred
- 4 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1. Using a stock pot, melt the butter and add chicken on the oven using medium heat. Cook the chicken until brown.
- 2. To the chicken, add the spices (oregano, cumin, parsley, garlic, white pepper) along with the flour. Continue to cook for about a minute stirring vigorously and continuously.
- 3. When cooked properly, the combination of all ingredients should be sticky
- 4. While continuing to stir constantly, add the chicken broth
- 5. Add the beans and chilies
- 6. When the total mixture is at a boil, turn the heat to low and let it simmer for 15 minutes or so. At this point, you only need to occasionally stir.
- 7. When serving, ensure that the chili is hot and you can add the sour cream and cheese, as desired.