Chicken Patty - Quick and Easy Recipe Using Chicken or Turkey & Vegetable Leftovers After Christmas Dinner
Easy Quick Chicken Patty Using Roast Turkey or Chicken Dinner Leftovers
This is one of my many ways of using up chicken or turkey. I was brought up to hate wasting food, and because of this, my children used to laugh at my parsimonious habits and call me "War Baby". Well, the last laugh is on them, because now we are all living through a recession, and everyone needs to economise and avoid food waste.
This is a Good Way of Making Use of Your Cold Chicken or Turkey Leavings Which Might Otherwise be Wasted
Picture the scene: You've had your lovely roast Chicken and numerous vegetables for your Christmas or Sunday lunch, and now there are odd scraps of leftover chicken adhering to the carcass, and half a bowl of vegetables all waiting to be used up.
So now it's Monday, you've been busy all day and just want to do something tasty and quick. Well, delicious Chicken Patty should fit the bill - if you assemble all the things you'll need before you start, you'll be sitting at the table eating in 15 minutes.
Don't be Anxious About Quantities For Your Chicken Patty -
This is a "Beginners'" Easy Recipe, and anything goes - just use whatever you have available!
Roast Chicken Cooked to Perfection
You can Rate This Recipe for Chicken Patties Here
Use up Your Leftover Vegetables and Poutry for This Delicious Chicken Patty Recipe
As you can see from the list of ingredients below, precise ingredients and quantities are not critical and you can vary them according to taste and what you have available - the aim is simply to have enough bulk to feed however many mouths need feeding. And every time you make patties, they will vary slightly in taste.
- A handful of cooked chicken or turkey
- Cooked potato - at least two small potatoes per person
- Onion cooked or raw
- Greens such as cabbage, kale, spring greens, spinach or brussel sprouts
- Any cooked root vegetables such as parsnip, swede, turnip (optional)
- 1 Egg
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic (optional)
- Olive oil (or any other cooking oil, but olive oil is better for you)
- Absolutely any combination of herbs and spices that you like, to flavour the patties without overpowering them, e.g. ginger, cinnamon, ground cloves, ground nutmeg, chili powder, coriander, cumin, caraway, paprika, turmeric, mixed spice, curry powder, mixed herbs, coriander, tarragon, sage, parsley, thyme, oregano - what have I missed?
Chicken Patty Dinner in 15 Minutes
METHOD FOR MAKING CHICKEN PATTY:
- Beat the egg, then blend all the ingredients including seasoning in a blender - just do short bursts so that it is still lumpy and not a complete mush. (if you are not using a blender, mash what is mashable and chop up the rest).
- Sprinkle a little flour on a board and on your hands. Scoop out about a tablespoon full of mixtureand form it into a round flat patty on the board (NB Size doesn't matter). Make further patties.
- You can even make just one huge omelette-sized patty, as long as it is coated with flour, but it may be more difficult to turn over. NB: the egg binds the patties, i.e. stops them falling apart, and the flour stops them being too wet when fried.
- Heat the oil in the pan to medium heat, then add the patties, shaking or prodding them in the pan now and then to ensure they don't stick to the bottom. After two minutes, check to see how they are cooking and whether they are browning. Turn them after about two or three minutes, using a spatula or fish lift Then cook the other side. They should end up being lightly golden brown on both sides.
Garnishes for your Chicken Patty
i like my Chicken Patty with Tomato Sauce or Brown Sauce -.You might like it too.
Then Peas go well with it.
You could put a sprig of whatever herb you have handy on the top - Parsley or Coriander would make it look a bit fancier, and they taste good too.
As a chilli lover, I might even add a sprinkling of chilli prawn paste or sweet chilli sauce.
Here Are Some Other Ways You Can Use Up Your Leftover Poultry
- 8 Quick and Easy Recipes to Use up Leftover Turkey a...
Turn even the smallest amount of chicken or turkey leftovers into a tasty meal! You can give them new life by using them in paella, risotto, pilaff, stir fry, soup, sandwiches, and more!
- Spanish Paella Recipe: Quick and Easy
My family had a flat in Malaga, Spain for many years, and that's where I learned to make delicious Spanish Paella, using sea-food, chicken, or a mixture of both.
Take this Poll About Using up Leftovers
Do you pride yourself on using up every last bit of food you have cooked?
A Popular YouTube Video About Making Chicken Patties
© 2010 Diana Grant