- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Cheesy Cauliflower and Brussel Sprouts
Cauliflower and Brussel Sprouts made with cheese
You don't have to be a genius to come up with this easy, cheesy recipe.
It is quick and simple. A nice side dish to add to the table.
Think again if you ever thought that cauliflower and brussel sprouts don't go good together?
The brussel sprouts flavor is similar to cabbage while the cauliflower texture is similar to potatoes.
Try this recipe you just might like it.
- We are using frozen vegetables If you have fresh, use them
- 1 bag frozen brussel sprouts
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 water
- 1 cube Knorr bouillon cube
- 1 tsp garlic powder, more if needed
- 1 tsp onion powder, more if needed
- 8 oz velveeta cheese, or two pouches
- 3/4 tsp salt, to taste
- In a small pot, melt butter
- and water and bouillion cube
- add brussel sprouts first and simmer for 5-8 minutes, stir They take a little longer to cook than the cauliflower
- add cauliflower and rest of the ingredients, except for the cheese sauce simmer for about 10 minutes
- add the cheese sauce simmer for another 5 minutes Note: You can always add more or less of anything!
Bacon Bits are Delicious with Brussel Sprouts
Top it with some bacon bits for extra flavor
This is the Cheese to use
Of course you have the option to use the Velveeta brick if you already have this in your fridge.
I keep at least one box of these cheesy packages in my cupboard at all times so when I am in a hurry all I have to do is open and squeeze it in the pot.
Not having to cut and cube the brick cheese is just much easier.
Things to have in your kitchenClick thumbnail to view full-size
© 2015 Ramona