Cheesy Cauliflower and Brussel Sprouts
Cauliflower and Brussel Sprouts made with cheese
You don't have to be a genius to come up with this easy, cheesy recipe.
It is quick and simple. A nice side dish to add to the table.
Think again if you ever thought that cauliflower and brussel sprouts don't go good together?
The brussel sprouts flavor is similar to cabbage while the cauliflower texture is similar to potatoes.
Try this recipe you just might like it.
Things you will need
Here we are using frozen vegetables. If you have fresh, use them.
You don't have to buy anything fancy just open your fridge, freezer and grab some things. That's what I do. No fancy stuff here!
* 1 bag frozen brussel sprouts
* 1 bag frozen cauliflower
* 1/2 stick butter
* 1/4 to 1/2 cup water
* 1/2 Knorr bouillon cube
* 1/4 tsp onion powder ( more if needed)
* 1/4 tsp garlic powder ( more if needed)
* 1 package Velveeta Cheese
* salt to taste if needed at the end.
Here's how to put it all together
* In a small pot, melt butter
* and water and bouillon cube
* add brussel sprouts first and simmer for 5 minutes, stir
* Next add cauliflower and rest of ingredients, except for the cheese sauce
* simmer for about 10 minutes
* add the cheese sauce simmer for another 5 minutes
Note: You can always add more or less of anything!
This is the Cheese to use
Of course you have the option to use the Velveeta brick if you already have this in your fridge.
I keep at least one box of these cheesy packages in my cupboard at all times so when I am in a hurry all I have to do is open and squeeze it in the pot.
Not having to cut and cube the brick cheese is just much easier.
Three things to have in your kitchenClick thumbnail to view full-size
© 2015 ramonabeckbritman